reelguy227 Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 (edited) Hey all, just posting to let you know to not support Starbucks Coffee anymore. I'm boycotting them because of this story, you guys should boycott them too. Poor woman !!!! [url="http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2002/08/15309.shtml"]http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2002/08/15309.shtml[/url] I dont care how good frappucinos are , but I wont support them until they clean up their act. ugh Edited December 6, 2005 by reelguy227
Jaime Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 Starbucks smells of elderberries anyway. They overroast
homeschoolmom Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 Coffee is highly overrated... --Homeschoolmom (tm) * *also HSMom (tm) and HSM (tm)
Sojourner Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 6 2005, 09:07 AM']Starbucks smells of elderberries anyway. They overroast [right][snapback]813183[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Maybe, but they are within walking distance of our office in three directions. And they have Chantico, aka, liquid food of the gods.
Sojourner Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 6 2005, 09:11 AM']Coffee is highly overrated... --Homeschoolmom (tm) * *also HSMom (tm) and HSM (tm) [right][snapback]813190[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Sojourner (tm)
Jaime Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 Someone should start a "Starbucks" sn and see if they sue. Of course I would never set up multiple screen names... nope! Not me
homeschoolmom Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 6 2005, 09:16 AM']Someone should start a "Starbucks" sn and see if they sue. Of course I would never set up multiple screen names... nope! Not me [right][snapback]813198[/snapback][/right] [/quote] That would be against the rules...
Jaime Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 [quote name='tomasio127' date='Dec 6 2005, 09:18 AM']Never go there anyways, hate coffee [right][snapback]813200[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Its the official drink of Catholics! I guess the "Church Faithful" tag is getting a litte farther away!
Sojourner Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 6 2005, 09:16 AM']That would be against the rules... [right][snapback]813199[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Exactly. And we would NEVER break the rules. Not us.
Jaime Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 (edited) [quote name='Sojourner' date='Dec 6 2005, 09:21 AM']Exactly. And we would NEVER break the rules. Not us. [right][snapback]813205[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Anything but that. Edited December 6, 2005 by jaime
Sojourner Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 6 2005, 09:24 AM']Anything butthat. [right][snapback]813210[/snapback][/right] [/quote] What did you call me?!?
Jaime Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 6 2005, 09:24 AM']Anything but that. [right][snapback]813210[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Sojourner Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 6 2005, 09:28 AM'] [right][snapback]813214[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
reelguy227 Posted December 6, 2005 Author Posted December 6, 2005 Stay on topic people. I need to know if you will support them or not ,why, and if you did in the past.
scardella Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 Although this would be cruel, what would happen if someone named their kid Starbucks? Would they sue the kid for trademark infringement? The parents?
Sojourner Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 [quote name='reelguy227' date='Dec 6 2005, 09:32 AM']Stay on topic people. I need to know if you will support them or not ,why, and if you did in the past. [right][snapback]813219[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I will continue to buy coffee at Starbucks when I don't have time to make it at home in the morning. I buy coffee beans for my home at Trader Joe's. I will also continue to buy certain other drinks from time to time at Starbucks. And I will not feel one iota of guilt about it. I am all for supporting local businesses, and I make an effort to do so whenever possible. I think it's important to, as much as possible, keep my dollars here benefitting my local economy. Last week, for example, I purchased a gift from a local retailer which I could have gotten for less by ordering it online. I also patronize an independently owned local bookstore from time to time -- although I also still occasionally buy books from Borders. But in the end, business is business. This woman took a risk in naming her store after herself. If she didn't get proper legal advice from a qualified intellectual property attorney about the name before registering the name of her store, that's her own fault. Harsh? Maybe. But she made the choice to use that name, and I'm sure she did so in full knowledge that it sounded like Starbucks. She took a business risk, and is now paying the price. And, she's getting plenty of free advertising out of the deal. I don't feel one bit sorry for her.
TheOliverOrder88 Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 I smell Starbucks everyone morning as it is passing through my mouth. I don't know if I can give it up all for this silly story.
1337 k4th0l1x0r Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 STUCK FARBUCKS!!! Keeping it clean...
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted December 6, 2005 Posted December 6, 2005 I never went to Starbucks, nor have I ever liked coffee...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now