Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dont support Starbucks Coffee anymore!


Recommended Posts

Posted

That entire line better be on his letterhead or hot stuff's getting a new Lexus.

Posted

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 6 2005, 12:53 PM']That entire line better be on his letterhead or hot stuff's getting a new Lexus.
[right][snapback]813426[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
It is, of course. You can expect a letter from him within 10 days announcing my suit over your trademark infringement.

Posted

[quote name='inDEED' date='Dec 6 2005, 12:59 PM']Could care less...
[right][snapback]813435[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

So then you care?

How much?

Posted

I recall a case in which Sears was trying to get somebody whose real name was Sears to change the name of his pharmacy (I think that's what it was). I believe they reached an agreement to let him keep the name as long as he was alive, if I recall correctly.

Posted

Another interesting thing that's somewhat related. There was a huge trend of people just randomly buying domain names. Folks would buy blocks of old tv shows, potential company names, etc. and then try to sell them for outrageous sums of money when someone wanted to put a website together with that domain.

The courts ruled that it was illegal. Why? Trademarking!!

Posted

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 6 2005, 01:07 PM']Another interesting thing that's somewhat related.  There was a huge trend of people just randomly buying domain names.  Folks would buy blocks of old tv shows, potential company names, etc. and then try to sell them for outrageous sums of money when someone wanted to put a website together with that domain. 

The courts ruled that it was illegal.  Why?  Trademarking!!
[right][snapback]813440[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That's going to be happening again when the .eu domain names start to become available (which is tomorrow, for certain businesses). It will be interesting to see how the European courts handle it.

homeschoolmom
Posted

I'm going to open a store called "Tarjey Boutique (tm) "

Posted

Do you think that the EU courts would handle it differently? I thought trademarking was international


You know the thing that I find fascinating is [color=red]edited by Hsmom for being boring[/color] But that's probably because I have to deal with trademarking issues so often.

Well I've rambled enough on this.

Posted

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 6 2005, 03:55 PM']Do you think that the EU courts would handle it differently?  I thought trademarking was international
You know the thing that I find fascinating is [color=red]edited by Hsmom for being boring[/color]  But that's probably because I have to deal with trademarking issues so often. 

Well I've rambled enough on this.
[right][snapback]813607[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I wanted to know what he finds fascinating!!!! :annoyed:

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

What about when the McDonald clan went toe to toe with McDonald's corporation? Funny stuff. :annoyed:

Posted (edited)

When I read the title of the thread, I thought maybe Starbucks was funneling abortion or maybe chinese organ thieves.

I'm almost happy to find out what the real "scandal" is. :rolleyes:

Anyway, any coffee drinker worth their change in gold knows Dunkin' Donuts coffee is the best.

Edited by Era Might
Posted

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 6 2005, 03:55 PM']Do you think that the EU courts would handle it differently?  I thought trademarking was international
You know the thing that I find fascinating is [color=red]edited by Hsmom for being boring[/color]  But that's probably because I have to deal with trademarking issues so often. 

Well I've rambled enough on this.
[right][snapback]813607[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Dec 6 2005, 11:06 AM']Ever watched "The Corporation"? Fascinating little documentary.
[right][snapback]813281[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Not that I specifically recall, but I may have.

Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Dec 6 2005, 11:08 AM']Now we don't want to reject Starbucks just because some of her "members" do things that are wrong sometimes. Starbucks is still a human and earthly reality as well.
carp.. I'm just trying to justify having just purchased the Christmas pack yesterday. :(
dang it!
[right][snapback]813283[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:hehe:

It's okay. :console:

I... :disguise: ...shop at Wal-Mart. But! I don't buy anything from Microsoft. Looks like Sony has gone too far into evilness too. <_< No more Sony.

Shopping is very complicated.

Posted

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 6 2005, 09:20 AM']
Its the official drink of Catholics!
[/quote]

You've been misled.

The official drink of Catholics is alcohol.

Posted

[quote name='philothea' date='Dec 6 2005, 04:21 PM']Not that I specifically recall, but I may have.
[right][snapback]813648[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
It's good. My anarchist friend Sam recommended it. Although he's crazy, the movie still has some solidly interesting points.

Posted

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Dec 6 2005, 04:35 PM']You've been misled.

The official drink of Catholics is alcohol.
[right][snapback]813671[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That's the real reason I converted. Church functions are MUCH more interesting when there's alcohol involved.

Posted

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Dec 6 2005, 03:55 PM']
You know the thing that I find fascinating is [color=red]edited by Hsmom for being boring[/color]  But that's probably because I have to deal with trademarking issues so often. 
[/quote]

Apparently HSMom has become heady with her new powers as a 'universal mod'.

Posted

[quote]they claimed it was causing confusion for Starbucks customers who might be led to believe they were patronizing a Starbucks[/quote]


If she served coffee that tasted good, there'd be no confusion...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...