An Old School Catholic Message Board

Two Years Sober...

Nathan

Ash Wednesday

Extra Ecclesiam: No, mine didn't....nor was there any abuse in my mother or father's families -- both Catholic households. :huh:

Nathan, another thing I've heard is that having something like water helps, too -- or something like a non-alcoholic beverage to have in your hand at parties. Some people who had problems with alcohol found that drinking water helped, and that part of it was that "thirst" issue -- having something liquid to intake.

All I have to say is congrats and keep it up! I can only imagine how hard it must have been, but there is life after alchol abuse and you're proof. Always know the phamily is here for ya!

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Dec 8 2005, 07:07 PM']Extra Ecclesiam: No, mine didn't....nor was there any abuse in my mother or father's families -- both Catholic households. :huh:

Nathan, another thing I've heard is that having something like water helps, too -- or something like a non-alcoholic beverage to have in your hand at parties. Some people who had problems with alcohol found that drinking water helped, and that part of it was that "thirst" issue -- having something liquid to intake.
[right][snapback]817537[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sadly, I must say you are probably the exception...

Hope it will become the general rule someday... keep the example gong in any case!

Alcohol is just... just... just.... so darn easy to abuse... and you have to admit, it's a good time (for a little time) - no sense lying about it. But how does that irish expression go? [quote]Ever ounce of pleasure is paid for with an equal ounce of pain.[/quote]

[quote name='Nathan' date='Dec 8 2005, 06:44 PM']
What has really helped me is reading a lot. I think it's extremely important for people who are recovering from an addiction to have something positive to replace it with.
[/quote]

Just like the black ribboner Vampires. "Not One Drop"

littleflower+JMJ

just wanted to say congrats to nathan....

and that im really glad you fought the good fight. i actually have family members who really went through this, many props to you and lots of prayers!