An Old School Catholic Message Board

visiting the Community of St. John

jezic

Birgitta Noel

Sixtina, why are you upset?

Rick, He's there attempting the ascent of the summit of Pico de Orizabe with a group of men. They are on a eucharistic expediton :sign: Please pray for the success of the expedition and the safety of all!

[quote name='Birgitta Noel' date='Jan 10 2006, 02:14 AM']Sixtina, why are you upset? 

Rick, He's there attempting the ascent of the summit of Pico de Orizabe with a group of men.  They are on a eucharistic expediton :sign:  Please pray for the success of the expedition and the safety of all!
[right][snapback]851403[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i'm sad cuz i want him to be here...i am planning a confirmaiton retreat at the moment and i want him to be there for the retreat itself, to pray with me before my talk, etc.......I love him so muich!!!!! hehe. but i dont think he'll be back by then.....and too he cant email me.... :weep:

Birgitta Noel

Hang in there Sixtina. I know it's comforting to have Fr. A there to pray with you. He's my spiritual director and confessor so I understand the importance of his physical or email presence. When my father had brain surgery and then ultimately when he was dying and I was at his side I wanted nothing more than a brother, Fr. A specifically, at my side. That was not to be though they were over a thousand miles away. What I did have was a six word assurance that carried me through, "I am with you in prayer." We are all united each time we are at mass in the Communion of Saints. Even when we are apart we are together, united in Christ.

I also know though that it is important not to depend on his presence, but rather on the presence of Christ. As much as we might not wish to think about it Fr. A could be taken from us at any moment. Often when I speak to the brothers they'll end a statement of travel plans with "God willing". Each time I drop a brother at the airport or bid them farewell I know it could be the last. For that matter this could be my last post. :sign:

Our dependence should rest in Christ alone. The brothers are wonderful conduits of the love of Christ, but they are simple, humble, instruments of that love. We are physical beings, so it is not unusual to depend on physical assurances, but it is helpful to remember the Real Presence on whom we should depend.

You have my prayers for the retreat. When is it? When are you giving your talk? I know you'll do a wonderful job! If you want to run your talk by someone I'm here (God willing ^_^ )!

Birgitta Noel

LOL, you were prob gone by the time I posted in your original thread! I was in Peoria from Christmas Eve until the 28th. I made my Oblature with the Community on the 27th, the Feast of St. John.

okay sounds god to me, i havent started my talk but last yr it was 4 pages typed, handwrittened i dont know, maybe about 8, just guessing.

but last yr before i gave my talk, i was in prayer , lying on the floor face down, and i said something and for some reason i just started crying, i couldnt help myself so, the DRE who is my best friend came out and asked what was wrong, i told her i didnt know what was wrong, for some reason i felt as if i couldnt give my talk, so she handed me her tec cross (which i should wear mine this yr just in case) and about a page and half i was crying again, because it got inot the part of the my fmaily members dying......but i'm going to redo my tlak, start it out with a letter to God questioning things, and then begin my tlak and then end it with another letter to god thanks him for things.....then my song is TRADING SORROWS!!!!