An Old School Catholic Message Board

Proto dont like the vicar talk

N/A Gone

I have a simple question, since Peter is the rock which the Church is built on, how can Jesus be a cornerstone? Maybe I should learn more about construction. :lol:

Does this imply that Jesus started it, but the rest was built on Peter?

lifescanticle

QUOTESee, my problem with Catholicism is that it takes the power and righteousness of God... and places it in men; which IMO directly contradicts the New Covenant.

"To delve deep into history is to cease being protestant" paraphrased

Everyone has a teaching authority. As I see it, if I am my teaching authority then I will come to the same conclusion as the individual that said this. I can then find fault in all other beliefs as my opinion is my authority. God gave us the magisterium for this reason.

It's not us who place it there but God by his grace.

Heb.12

1. [11] For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant; later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Rev.19

1. [8] it was granted her to be clothed with fine linen, bright and
pure" --
for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.
2. [11] Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! He who sat upon it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war.

Catholicism is not afraid of recognizing that God makes men truly righteous and does not just impute it to them so that the cup remains filthy on the inside.

Edited by thessalonian