An Old School Catholic Message Board

6th commandment

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Dec 19 2005, 05:32 PM']TheoGrad would know more than most I think.  ;)
[right][snapback]830912[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Haha ... yeah ... :P:

Seroiusly, though, they hold a very dangerous and seductive position. I would without reservation advise everyone to steer clear. Besides, their arguments don't hold any water ... Unfortunately, it's put in such a way that it appeals to many people who don't know better. :idontknow:

And no, I'm not anti-Latin mass, nor do I think Vatican II was the greatest thing to happen to the Church. But I adamantly think SSPX is way off the mark, schismatic in mentality at least, and has the roots of sedevacantism in their ideas, though the party line is that their not sedevacantist. :huh:

is this an inside joke? how come you know a lot about the sspx?

i used to be an adherent to their schism and yes their posititon is VERY seductive.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Dec 19 2005, 06:35 PM']is this an inside joke? how come you know a lot about the sspx?

i used to be an adherent to their schism and yes their posititon is VERY seductive.
[right][snapback]830950[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I've had quite a bit of experience with them ... junior high and high school age experience. (I live in Post Falls, ID, and Armada, MI.) It was religion class senior year that convinced me I didn't want anything to do with them. Since becoming a theology major and learning so much more about Catholicism, I see and understand more and more clearly how indefensible, dangerous, and rediculous their position is.

(Is your PM full?)

Edited by TheoGrad07

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Dec 19 2005, 02:00 PM']Did I deliberately look at impure TV, videos, plays, pictures or movies? Or deliberately read impure materials?

what exactly does this mean? it seems to be very cloudy?
[/quote]

Did you watch anything with the purpose of arousing yourself...

[quote]
is it a sin if one doesn't know the ten commandments, and precepts of the church?
[right][snapback]830745[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It depends if a person does not know them out of willful ignorance or whether they do not know them through no fault of thier own. God does not ask the impossible. :)

[quote name='TheoGrad07' date='Dec 19 2005, 07:40 PM']I've had quite a bit of experience with them ... junior high and high school age experience.  (I live in Post Falls, ID, and Armada, MI.)  It was religion class senior year that convinced me I didn't want anything to do with them.  Since becoming a theology major and learning so much more about Catholicism, I see and understand more and more clearly how indefensible, dangerous, and rediculous their position is.
(Is your PM full?)
[right][snapback]830952[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

no since i used to be in the sspx i had my PM privelges taken away. i left them now thanks to a inter-denominational prayer meeting, and the wise words of a jesuit priest. but i still do not have pm privelegies. :(