An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phone call tomorrow, 12-23

Sixtina87

Okay peeps, you all know how much i love the FSGM sisters and grew up with them!!!!! yay!!!! Well, when i last saw Sr. Beatand tlaked to her she said that I'm unhappy with my life...i dont belong with the FSGM community!!!!!! well, in October when i visted the Carmelties, the FSGM sisters kept poppingup un-expected and i was really happy to see them!!!! Even the Carmelite DCj Vd said i have a huge attraction to them.....that doesnt suprise me!!! well about a month ago or so i emailed a Sister that i have known for yrs from the FSGM community. I was wanting to be with them. i told her everything from my feelings that i cant believe she said that and so on!!!!

Well last night i found out why i am so unhappy wiht my life....simply because I am treated differently in my fmaily vs any of my siblings!!! it has been that way my whole life and i get really upset all the time over it...just simply becuase my life is always put on hold fof them. For example, high school dances, there are only so many eveyr yr, well i had to skip out on my jr yr school dances becuas emy sister wanted to go as well...so i was forced to stay home!!!!! :weep: :weep:

So i emailed Sr. beata, FSGM and told her thats the reason why i am so un happy and abit on how i feel about the community, and well, now she wants to talk to me tomorrow over the phone!!!! I'm abit scared and nervous on what she ahs to say or ask.....so pray for me that it goes well!!!

AlterDominicus

Sr. Beata is a sweetheart, I finally managed to talk to her over the phone. It was great!
Dont worry Sixtina, when things like that happen and its a religious in the spot of a non-religious person, they try to do it with love.

Believe me I have had an incident like that! I knew Sister meant best, and hey! I still sent them gifts! Hahah :lol_roll:

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Dec 22 2005, 05:20 PM']Sr. Beata is a sweetheart, I finally managed to talk to her over the phone. It was great!
Dont worry Sixtina, when things like that happen and its a religious in the spot of a non-religious person, they try to do it with love.

Believe me I have had an incident like that! I knew Sister meant best, and hey! I still sent them gifts! Hahah :lol_roll:
[right][snapback]834057[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

\
She seems like a sweetheart. i dont know her well and she doesnt know me at all!!! But the last time i talked to her was simply because i was wanting to discern with the community again and she told me i didnt belong, which in responce, i had tears in my eyes!!!

:weep:

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Dec 22 2005, 07:24 PM']Hey Sixtina,

I'm trying to reply to your PM but it says that your box is full.  You need to do some deleting!
[right][snapback]834132[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

k hold on give me in minute

Nicole...
A piece of advice:

Don't post about that call on the internet--whatever she said. In the past you've posted some things while venting after encounters with the Martyrs, the Carmelites and the Sisters of Nazareth, both here and on your blog. If the Sisters know that you have a blog or that you post somewhere, then they can read it. It's also not fair to the Sisters because they aren't defending themselves. Also, anything you post could work against you when you discern with other communities.

The Sisters I am entering told me to be careful of what I blog because you never know who's reading what you're posting. It's good advice, so I don't post anything about the Sisters that might misrepresent them (even if it isn't anything negative). In fact, I usually don't blog about my discernment for those reasons unless it's something generic.

I will pray for you and your discernment, especially as you prepare to visit Lockport. Don't be so closed off to other ways that God may be calling you to serve him--maybe even in marriage or as a consecrated single woman.

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Dec 23 2005, 11:37 AM']:weep:  :weep:  :weep:  :weep:  :weep:  :weep:  :weep:  do i have to say more???
[right][snapback]834630[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sixtina dear,

I know your heart aches and I grieve [is it "ie" or "ei"? Drives me batty] with you. I know you are hurting and disappointed.

I encourage you to take this oportunity--and yes it is God opening wide YOUR opportunity--and spread your wings a bit and learn to fly. Take a deep breath and grasp 2006 with both hands. After all, a new year--and new semester is coming.

Why not take a few courses at a community college? That may enable you to find a job you love while getting some life and academic experience. Don't worry if you are concerned about your academic or communication skills. Most community colleges have remedial english and math courses--I think I took every remedial math course before I was able to take college algebra. ^_^

In your first post you mentioned a family issue that seemed to pain you deeply. If I may offer a bit of loving advice. I grew up in a family and had...how shall I say this vaguely enough...unfortunate circumstances. In my adult years I realized I needed to work it out and that I couldn't do it alone. I have benefited greatly from professional help. What I came to see was that, as an adult, I was a walking reaction to the actions forced on me as a child. Not saying that your situation is like mine, but you seem to carry dep wounds all the same. Keep this tucked away and seriously consider seeing someone. I have never ever regretted it, and now have a full happy life. I am not one to advertise something so private, but you have really moved me to speak just this one time.

Look at it this way Six; some of us walk with Our Lord for awhile on the uneven road. So remember the movie "The Passion.." The scene I love the most is where Simon the Cyrenian is embracing Christ with one arm and embracing the cross with the other. Become as Simon; embrace the Love and the Suffering.... and rejoice.

May God keep you close in His embrace
Mary-Kathryn

Edited by Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='jgirl' date='Dec 23 2005, 06:56 PM']Nicole...
A piece of advice:

Don't post about that call on the internet--whatever she said. In the past you've posted some things while venting after encounters with the Martyrs, the Carmelites and the Sisters of Nazareth, both here and on your blog. If the Sisters know that you have a blog or that you post somewhere, then they can read it. It's also not fair to the Sisters because they aren't defending themselves. Also, anything you post could work against you when you discern with other communities.

The Sisters I am entering told me to be careful of what I blog because you never know who's reading what you're posting. It's good advice, so I don't post anything about the Sisters that might misrepresent them (even if it isn't anything negative). In fact, I usually don't blog about my discernment for those reasons unless it's something generic.

I will pray for you and your discernment, especially as you prepare to visit Lockport. Don't be so closed off to other ways that God may be calling you to serve him--maybe even in marriage or as a consecrated single woman.
[right][snapback]835002[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

did post anything about the call, on whats eh said...all i said it want good!!!! :disguise: :disguise:

• 4 weeks later...
Laurentina1975

+JMJ+

Yeah so not cool, Nicole. :ohno:
Sr. Beata is a sweet soul, I've talked with her a few times on the phone.
I love that group too, they are soo full of life!
Don't post about your experiences, pray about them!
I will certainly keep praying for you.