BullnaChinaShop Posted July 23, 2003 Posted July 23, 2003 Bonefide Rocket Scientist????? I like to pretend at least.
marielapin Posted July 23, 2003 Posted July 23, 2003 It makes for plenty of jokes. (The Rocket Scientist bit)
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 23, 2003 Posted July 23, 2003 Man I'm with ya Carrie. Engineering is way too scary. I'll stick with my good old English degree. lol English degree = poor, but amazingly well read. haha I'm with ya on that one Az!!!
Carrie Posted July 23, 2003 Posted July 23, 2003 Man I'm with ya Carrie. Engineering is way too scary. I'll stick with my good old English degree. lol English degree = poor, but amazingly well read. I love English! All my electives in college were in English. My parents didn't understand why I would want to take credits to read books. I came across some of my favorite books from English classes and I learned that I like alot of different genres, not just new stuff. I developed a love for D.H.Lawrence, Mark Danielewski (he only has one book, phenomenal!), and Toni Morisson (i dunno if I spelled her name right). There are tons more but unless I look at my bookshelf I can't remember them all. Long live us poor book lovers!
Kilroy the Ninja Posted July 23, 2003 Posted July 23, 2003 I have to admit that I too am a Lit major. But I've been considering changing it to History.... Got a built-in tutor right?
Don John of Austria Posted July 23, 2003 Author Posted July 23, 2003 Well I like D.H. Lawrance, but I can't stand Toni Morrisson.
hyperdulia again Posted July 23, 2003 Posted July 23, 2003 Toni Morrison rocks! She wrote a book about the Black Catholic experience in Indiana, who knew such a thing existed? The Bluest Eye is my fav book ever!
Carrie Posted July 23, 2003 Posted July 23, 2003 Well I like D.H. Lawrance, but I can't stand Toni Morrisson. What is it about Morrison that you don't like? Just curious
Carrie Posted July 23, 2003 Posted July 23, 2003 Hyper, she also wrote one called Paradise about a bunch of women who were all having various problems and all ended up in the same place. The neighboring town didn't like these troubled women and...well, you have to read it. It was an incredible book.
hyperdulia again Posted July 23, 2003 Posted July 23, 2003 paradise is the one with the pseudo-biblical, pseudo-catholic theme going on right? everyone had biblical or just plain weird names?
Don John of Austria Posted July 23, 2003 Author Posted July 23, 2003 (edited) I don't like her style, mainly thats it , but I also don't really care too much for the stories she chooses to tell, I find her-- well boring, boring story with a style I don't like just doesn't make me here biggest fan. I frankly think she is overrated. No offense to you I know plenty of people who do like her, I am just not one of them. Edited July 23, 2003 by Don John of Austria
Carrie Posted July 23, 2003 Posted July 23, 2003 No offense taken. I'm just a nosy-body and like to get other's opinions on things...thanks for indulging me. I know some people who don't like her either...it all depends on individual tastes. Hyper, yes that is the one with all the funny names
Azriel Posted July 23, 2003 Posted July 23, 2003 How about Song of Solomon, did you read that one guys?
hyperdulia again Posted July 23, 2003 Posted July 23, 2003 I read that with Oprah...*gets very embarassed and trys to change subject* i like coagulated milk
Jake Huether Posted July 23, 2003 Posted July 23, 2003 marielapin and Bull, I'm a mechanical engineer. Sweet. We have to start a club... like engineers for Christ. Or the Catholic engineer's league. Where do ya'll work - and what are you currently working on. I'm working on an infrared defense Satellite. It identifies and tracks incoming missiles. Where did ya'll graduate from? Not to get off the topic too much... Are either of you planning on continuing your education? I'm at that point now. I'm considering getting my Masters. But I haven't got the difinative YES from God yet.
Carrie Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 Az, I've never read it. Would you recommend it? I need some good summer reading.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now