Azriel Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 Yep. Great book. Not exactly lighthearted fair, but excellent nonetheless.
BullnaChinaShop Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 Jake, Lauren and I both graduated from Auburn University in '02. That is where we met. We both work as civil servants for the Air Force at Eglin AFB in the FL panhandle. Lauren works as a Test Engineer for A-10 developmental testing. I work in Aerial targets, the drones they use validate air-to-air misiles. Back when I was in school I co-oped for a company in Huntsville and worked on missile defense. I will begin working on my masters in AE in about a month. I have a sweet deal from the Air Force where they pay for my schooling and pay my salery while I am a full time student.
Carrie Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 Thanks Az. Summer reading is when I can actually concentrate on something that's not too light because I don't have to worry about school. I can take my time with it. As soon as I can get to the library, I'm going to take it out and give it a shot.
marielapin Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 Yes, This is my baby: http://www.a-10.org/photos/Photos65280/ptsf-002F.JPG I'm sure Don John and Winchester will get a kick out of it at least..... I think I win for the biggest gun.
marielapin Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 Well I like D.H. Lawrance, but I can't stand Toni Morrisson. Let me just put it this way....I used to be the geek in school that absolutely loved with a passion every book I read in Honors/AP English all through highschool. Then I got to college and they make me read Beloved. I threw it across the room after page 50, thought about ripping it up, and read the sparknotes on it for the first time in my life. That is how I feel about Toni Morrison. It has to be the first book that I couldn't stand reading. It was way too painful for me. I don't know why, because I've loved stranger things.
marielapin Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 Boo yay marielapin!!! Love it!!! Thanks *sniff* I'm so proud of my baby! For some reason people think she's ugly!
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 Thanks *sniff* I'm so proud of my baby! For some reason people think she's ugly! No baby is ugly! (Some are just slightly less adorable...)
BullnaChinaShop Posted July 24, 2003 Posted July 24, 2003 When they fire the GAU-8 over at the gun range you can hear it quite a ways away and indoors. Between that and fighters roaring overhead we sometimes have to pause during meetings untill we can hear each other again.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now