musturde Posted January 17, 2006 Posted January 17, 2006 lol everythings a chain reaction. I'd simply copy and paste everything previously said, but i'm too lazy and I need to go to sleep.
Circle_Master Posted January 17, 2006 Posted January 17, 2006 I personally want to see it just for the reason of engaging what our society is enjoying. It is helpful in understanding people and how to talk to them better.
dandy777 Posted January 17, 2006 Author Posted January 17, 2006 I think as long as one watches the movie with a pinch of salt and treats it as pure fiction, there is no problem watching it. The danger is when people watch it and believe every bit of it as a fact.
YMNolan Posted January 17, 2006 Posted January 17, 2006 [quote name='dandy777' date='Jan 17 2006, 12:28 PM']I think as long as one watches the movie with a pinch of salt and treats it as pure fiction, there is no problem watching it. The danger is when people watch it and believe every bit of it as a fact. [right][snapback]858752[/snapback][/right] [/quote] That is the problem though... most people I've spoken to about this topic do take it as fact. I agree with those who say it is pure fiction and it can be enjoyed if you simply view it as that, but for those that are not grounded in their faith it can be very dangerous. I'm just so sick of hearing from my friends how great this book is and then having to answer their questions about it. The book makes you think and it leads one down a dangerous path. The movie will do the same.
Ziggamafu Posted January 17, 2006 Posted January 17, 2006 i just hope nobody protests it. do you know how stupid and insecure that would make us look? as if we have anything to be afraid of... ::sigh::
dandy777 Posted January 17, 2006 Author Posted January 17, 2006 I guess the movie will do worse cause I am sure there will be many lazy people (just like me who wouldn't even bother reading the book and instead watch the movie.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now