dUSt Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 Sometimes you find things in life that you really appreciate but have a suspicion that nobody else really does. Well, for years now, I have always admired the Whataburger straw. Don't you hate it when you try to poke your straw through the top of the soda lid and it bends or shatters, and then you have to struggle through a good part of your beverage drinking experience by positioning the cup in just a way as to actually slurp liquid as opposed to air? Well, the good people at Whataburger obviously had this in mind when selecting their straw. It has to be the best made disposable straw on the planet. Thick, strong, with a snazzy orange stripe down either side. I've never had a Whataburger straw bend, break or shatter on me. Maybe it's just that people in Texas do things this way. For those of you lucky enough to live in Whataburger country, appreciate the little things... For those of you who have never been to Whataburger, all I can say is it's good to be in Texas.
sweetpea316 Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 dUSt speaks the truth. The Whatastraw is amazing.
God the Father Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 Dude, I wish there were whataburgers in my neck of the woods.
shortnun Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 Are they anything like the straws at Smoothie King? The kind with the little spoon on one end? Ahhh, now those are nice straws. Using them makes up for all the times I pulled a straw off a juice box or Capri sun and saw it was cracked. Let's here it for great straws!
homeschoolmom Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 We don't have whataburger here either. But I do truly agree with you on the straw thing. I hate getting a broken straw. Usually, though, if you put your thumb over the end as you jam it into the cup, it doesn't break.
franciscanheart Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 amen, dust. amen. whataburger for dinner anyone? thank you God for whataburger and their quality straws.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 You know if you twist the ends of a straw until it gets knotted up and then flick the knot, it shatters like glass... My roommate does it...it's cool.
OLAM Dad Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 [quote name='God the Father' date='Jan 12 2006, 04:45 PM']Dude, I wish there were whataburgers in my neck of the woods. [right][snapback]854227[/snapback][/right] [/quote] You can change that! [url="http://www.whataburger.com/franchise.cfm"]CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS[/url] dUSt, I'm with you on their straws. Another thing I've noticed with Whataburger is that they seem to be getting faster. I don't mind waiting a few minutes for a made to order burger but 20 minutes is excessive. Lately, I've not had to wait more than a few minutes.
franciscanheart Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 they're one of the only places in town that will actually put more than three slices of jalapeno on your burger and WONT give you funny looks for asking for them. but enough about the burgers... how about a big thumbs up for them straws?!?!
shortnun Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 (edited) The closest one to me is 6 hours away.... in Tulsa. Edited January 12, 2006 by shortnun
dUSt Posted January 12, 2006 Author Posted January 12, 2006 I may have to do some photo comparisons and post the results. I don't think people really understand how superior the Whataburger straw is compared to other fast food chains.
franciscanheart Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 i understand. but you're right, the northerners may not. when i get a job at whataburger you should all come by and visit me. ill even give you a free straw.
homeschoolmom Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 Who cares about the straw. What about the burger?
franciscanheart Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 whataburger has the best burgers in town. made to order burgers with anything you want. dont knock the burgers.
dUSt Posted January 12, 2006 Author Posted January 12, 2006 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jan 12 2006, 04:05 PM']Who cares about the straw. What about the burger? [right][snapback]854259[/snapback][/right] [/quote] The burgers speak for themselves... it is the straw that is too often overlooked and underappreciated--for it is the straw that is but a small symbol of the overall greatness that is Whataburger.
morostheos Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 I've never even heard of whataburger before.....
littleflower+JMJ Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 someone needs to measure the opening of the straws...they're huge! you can literally chug your whatasized drink in less than a minute lol
dUSt Posted January 12, 2006 Author Posted January 12, 2006 [img]http://www.sptimes.com/2005/03/10/images/xlarge/WK_0_wk10dine3_208990_0310.jpg[/img] In this picture you can get a glimpse of the awesomeness of the straw... even though this picture doesn't give it much justice. Notice the ketchup. Whataburger doesn't make you pump your ketchup into little containers, and definitely doesn't give you the wimpy little ketchup packets. No... They give you individual ketchup containers, perfect for dipping your fries into while on the road. It is these fine details that make Whataburger truly dope.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now