An Old School Catholic Message Board

HS Vocations Fair 2006

ForHimAlone

AlterDominicus

[quote name='ForHimAlone' date='Jan 15 2006, 10:38 AM']Wonderful!  My friend is an aspirant at the House of Formation right now.  This is her second year living there, and she just loves it.  I've only been there once, but it is a wonderful place to be certain.
[right][snapback]856654[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes I remember you telling me that, Anne is there. Yes, I cant wait I hope I can go it will be wonderful. I just got back during the weekend from a Team Vianney Night at Saint Paul's Church about 10 mins away. The Little Sisters of the Poor were there and so were The Sisters Saint Peter Clavier. It was sooooo awesome...... :blush: :drool: :lol_roll:

i dont know if this is helpful at all, but when i was kinda looking in cloistered comunities...a group sent me a video that they made about the cloistered life, kinda with the idea what their day was like...i still have the video...i was suppose to send it back...but i guess i never got around to it...i could send it to you and you can send it back to the monastery..... :disguise: :disguise: :disguise:

Thanks, Sixtina, but I don't think we'll have the opportunity to show any vidoes after all. We've got a lot more religious on board than we originally though, praise God, so showing videos won't be an option any longer, I think.

Thanks so much, though! Please pray that this goes well.

HiddeninHisHeart

HI!!!

Bet you can't guess who this is! It's Katie from our NUN RUN! Thanx for telling me about this site! I just had to post something on your's! :D:

Have you heard of the Schoenstatt Sisters of Mary in Waukesha? Great Marian Community! Maybe Mary G. told you about them already? Ya, they are usually more than happy to come to vocation fairs!

Talk 2 u soon! :cool:

[quote name='HiddeninHisHeart' date='Jan 27 2006, 10:23 PM']HI!!!

Bet you can't guess who this is!  It's Katie from our NUN RUN!  Thanx for telling me about this site!  I just had to post something on your's!  :D

Have you heard of the Schoenstatt Sisters of Mary in Waukesha?  Great Marian Community!  Maybe Mary G. told you about them already? Ya, they are usually more than happy to come to vocation fairs!

Talk 2 u soon!  :cool:
[right][snapback]868329[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Katie! Great to hear from you!! Welcome to Phatmass!

I will definitely look into Schoenstatt Sisters of Mary in Waukesha! Thanks so much.

Orders that we will be having so far:
Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus
Franciscan Sisters of the Martyr St. George
Franciscan Brothers of Peace
Legionaries of Christ
and some others that are escaping me presently. I'll post more later.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='magnificat' date='Jan 14 2006, 07:08 PM']There are some sisters who are Apostles of the Interior Life in Madison.  Although they're not habited, they are VERY orthodox and work primarily with young adults seeking to discern a vocation to the priesthood/religious life.  I am friends with one of the sisters in Madison and I can assure you that they would be a wonderful addition to your vocations fair.
[right][snapback]856230[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I second the Apostles of Interior Life. My Spiritual Director is one and she is great. It is true that they are not habbitted, but they are indeed VERY orthodox. I went to the March for Life and three of the sisters form Lawrence, KS were with us.