An Old School Catholic Message Board

the seven habits

MC IMaGiNaZUN

MC IMaGiNaZUN

I regularly read the blog of Jeff Miller aka Curt Jester. He has a funny blog that parodies a number of catholic and political subjects. He is also very into tradition and orthodoxy. This one made me bust up. He discusses how religous orders with habits are effective.

[url="http://www.splendoroftruth.com/curtjester/archives/006416.php"]Curt Jester Blog: The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Religious.[/url]

SHALOM

:bigclap:

Thanks for the link! The PCPAs (or is it PCsPA) are there, yippee!

I like his appendix, the 7 ineffective religious orders and what not to wear. :P:
[quote]The Benedictine Sisters of Erie. These sisters specialize in heterodox creation-centered spirituality and whose charism is closely related to the Democratic Party. You might know there most famous member Sister Joan Chittister, OSB. [b]It appears that there only consistent religious garb is gray hair and floppy name tags.[/b]

This appendix will be greatly useful for historians as these orders become historical footnotes.[/quote] Edited by OLAM Dad

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='Norseman82' date='Jan 21 2006, 05:25 PM']Is this book for real?  Please tell me it is.
[right][snapback]862893[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Not real, the blog is satire. You should check it out frequently. You'll get the idea, that this is common.

SHALOM

PadrePioOfPietrelcino
:o
maybe i'm the only one who feels this way, but I know alot of non-habitted religous, and they are all very good Catholics and religious. Sure a hibit is nice, and I can appreciate the habit in all it's splendid glory, but something is to be said a the same time that their are good religious orders who do not wear habits. The Apostles of interior life don't wear habits, and their growing. We can't judge a religious by the habit.

*Clink,Clink*
($0.02)
Ben