An Old School Catholic Message Board

any one else

photosynthesis

photosynthesis

[quote name='Rick777' date='Jan 23 2006, 06:28 AM']When asking a priest to be your spiritual director do you just go up to him and ask :idontknow: . I need a SD but I dont wanna be to, idk, upfront i guess.
[right][snapback]863790[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
it's totally OK to just go up and ask. or you could call him on the phone

[FONT=Times][SIZE=7]if there is a priest or a nun that you would like as a spiritual director, pray for courage and ask them. make sure that you tell them why you are looking for a spiritual director, that is you want help in discerning your vocation. if you have an idea what your vocation might be, make sure you tell them. be as specific as possible.

I went to FOCUS Regional Conference in Chicago and went to Vocations Panel for Men and asked them the same question. The main response was to take action and find out more about the individual vocations. Fr. Luke of the CFR's said that there are 3 main reasons that young men are afraid of entering the seminary; lack of a strong relationship with Christ, fear of commitment, and lack of education about the vocation. Msgr. Swetland of Peoria, Ill. suggested to look into priestly formation first before dating seriously because if you date first and then decide to enter the priesthood you are jerking your girlfirend's emotions.

srmarymichael

I wouldn't worry so much. God may still be preparing either your future husband, your future Community, or He may be still preparing you for it -- probably both (unless you're called to the single life).

Either way, like said above, God will let you know when it is time. In the meantime, stay close to Him, and enjoy life (in a pure way of course)!

photosynthesis

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Jan 24 2006, 10:27 AM']I wouldn't worry so much.  God may still be preparing either your future husband, your future Community, or He may be still preparing you for it -- probably both (unless you're called to the single life). 

Either way, like said above, God will let you know when it is time.  In the meantime, stay close to Him, and enjoy life (in a pure way of course)!
[right][snapback]864560[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I like that way of looking at it... everything will happen at the right time.

THanks, Sister!

[quote name='Rick777' date='Jan 18 2006, 03:34 PM']ur avatar rocks zwergel88
[right][snapback]860226[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks!

Oh the power of google image search....