homeschoolmom Posted January 18, 2006 Posted January 18, 2006 On Monday night, I put my husband (who's currently unemployed) and my children in charge of grocery shopping and cooking lunch and the evening meals. Yesterday was fine-- HSson took great pride in preparing sandwiches for the HSfam. Dinner last night was scrambled eggs and apple slices. (HSdad was unaware that you put milk in eggs to make them fluffy... but they were okay.) Today, the five of us shared two pizzas that were literally the size of dinner plates (10 for $10!) I got a slice and a half... On tonights menu is Green Giant broccoli and coagulated milk. When I asked if that was all, I was told yes (I hope theres more than one package, cuz those things only make 2.5 servings).... I said, "can we have them over baked potatoes?" and I was told that was not the plan. At lunch when everyone was starving, I again suggested potatoes. They agreed. Tomorrow's dinner is Campbell's chicken noodle soup. I'm starving.
Jaime Posted January 18, 2006 Posted January 18, 2006 You can always lick the ketchup off the plate after the meal
homeschoolmom Posted January 18, 2006 Author Posted January 18, 2006 What ketchup? There's no ketchup... there's no meat!
Balthazor Posted January 18, 2006 Posted January 18, 2006 go to aldi's !!! good food cheap. I love aldi's.
prose Posted January 18, 2006 Posted January 18, 2006 men just can't figure out food. If Chad shops we end up with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and Jube Jubes.
Jaime Posted January 18, 2006 Posted January 18, 2006 I have no idea what a jube jube is but it sounds wonderful
homeschoolmom Posted January 18, 2006 Author Posted January 18, 2006 I don't either-- weird Canadian food... But when HSdad shops, we OFTEN end up with Twizlers and 5 or 6 boxes of cereal...
Jaime Posted January 18, 2006 Posted January 18, 2006 I figure that if its named twice, it must be good.
homeschoolmom Posted January 18, 2006 Author Posted January 18, 2006 It sounds kinda kinky... "Hey honey... want some Jube Jube?"
jezic Posted January 18, 2006 Posted January 18, 2006 how long has your husband been unemployed? and i hope he finds a job.
Jaime Posted January 18, 2006 Posted January 18, 2006 I think he should look into importing Jube Jubes. Clearly its a wide open market And we would learn what it is
homeschoolmom Posted January 18, 2006 Author Posted January 18, 2006 [quote name='jezic' date='Jan 18 2006, 04:35 PM']how long has your husband been unemployed? and i hope he finds a job. [right][snapback]860227[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Thanks. Just since the first of the year....
homeschoolmom Posted January 18, 2006 Author Posted January 18, 2006 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Jan 18 2006, 04:37 PM']I think he should look into importing Jube Jubes. Clearly its a wide open market And we would learn what it is [right][snapback]860229[/snapback][/right] [/quote] What if we don't want it here? What if it doesn't work well in our ecosystem?
Jaime Posted January 18, 2006 Posted January 18, 2006 Forget the ecosystem! If Hsdad were able to secure exclusive Jube Jube import rights, he'd be rolling in ketchup!!
homeschoolmom Posted January 18, 2006 Author Posted January 18, 2006 [quote name='jezic' date='Jan 18 2006, 04:40 PM']do you have a job outside phatmass? [right][snapback]860236[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I'm a homeschoolmom... what more do you want from me?
prose Posted January 18, 2006 Posted January 18, 2006 [img]http://www.geekhideout.com/images/jubejubes.jpg[/img] These are Jube Jubes (They may also be referred to as JuJubes)
homeschoolmom Posted January 18, 2006 Author Posted January 18, 2006 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Jan 18 2006, 04:40 PM']Forget the ecosystem! If Hsdad were able to secure exclusive Jube Jube import rights, he'd be rolling in ketchup!! [right][snapback]860237[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Nevermind... I just googled it. It's just Jujyfruit...
homeschoolmom Posted January 18, 2006 Author Posted January 18, 2006 Okay... well, it sounds like dinner's ready... Wish me luck...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now