Norseman82 Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 HSmom, you need to understand how the male mind is wired regarding food preparation. Men do know how to cook using two tools: In nice weather, the grill. In not-so-nice weather, the microwave. Now that my half of humanity has let you in on that little secret, youse two can plan your menu accordingly!!!
dustthouart Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 (edited) [quote name='Norseman82' date='Jan 18 2006, 11:53 PM']HSmom, you need to understand how the male mind is wired regarding food preparation. Men do know how to cook using two tools: In nice weather, the grill. In not-so-nice weather, the microwave. Now that my half of humanity has let you in on that little secret, youse two can plan your menu accordingly!!! [right][snapback]860617[/snapback][/right] [/quote] All the men in my family cook. And not just the grill and the microwave. Look how many men are brilliant chefs. And cloistered male orders, who does their cooking? MEN. I understand that this is supposed to be a funny thread, but I hate the "men can't cook, women should expect that" stereotype. My fiance doesn't know much about cooking yet, but that will be changed! Edit: I know there are some people who just have no talent for it, btw, but that has nothing to do with gender. Edited January 19, 2006 by dustthouart
Balthazor Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 [quote name='Norseman82' date='Jan 18 2006, 05:48 PM']Just WHERE in Wisconsin are you?????? (insert smiley for yumyum here) [right][snapback]860366[/snapback][/right] [/quote] The Cold part
photosynthesis Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 i'm starving too... but i'm on weight watchers..... now Balthazor's made me hungry for pierogies although the broccoli + coagulated milk sounds good... that's one of my favorite foods
Norseman82 Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 [quote name='dustthouart' date='Jan 18 2006, 10:06 PM']All the men in my family cook. And not just the grill and the microwave. Look how many men are brilliant chefs. And cloistered male orders, who does their cooking? MEN. I understand that this is supposed to be a funny thread, but I hate the "men can't cook, women should expect that" stereotype. My fiance doesn't know much about cooking yet, but that will be changed! Edit: I know there are some people who just have no talent for it, btw, but that has nothing to do with gender. [right][snapback]860624[/snapback][/right] [/quote] You missed my smileys at the end..........
Old_Joe Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 ahem some of us can cook. [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=45915&hl="]How many PM guys can cook?[/url]
homeschoolmom Posted January 19, 2006 Author Posted January 19, 2006 [quote name='Norseman82' date='Jan 18 2006, 10:53 PM']HSmom, you need to understand how the male mind is wired regarding food preparation. Men do know how to cook using two tools: In nice weather, the grill. In not-so-nice weather, the microwave. Now that my half of humanity has let you in on that little secret, youse two can plan your menu accordingly!!! [right][snapback]860617[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Funny you should say that... I think you are right in [b]most [/b]cases, but not HSDad's.... See, we have a grill that we got him for Father's Day a few years ago-- as of today, he has never used it. I have, but he hasn't. And the microwave... I thought for sure he'd cook the broccoli in the microwave yesterday... but no. (our microwave is in very non-threatening-- it's "on" or "off"-- no fancy settings or anything). But he got out a pan and cooked it on the stove. I don't think he even considered the microwave.
journeyman Posted January 22, 2006 Posted January 22, 2006 Hey HSMom Did you faint from hunger? Or teach "Grocery Store 101" in HSclass? [img]http://www.whymilk.com/images/header.jpg[/img]
tojo Posted January 22, 2006 Posted January 22, 2006 Poor Hsmom, starving at the hands of her own husband and children....
homeschoolmom Posted January 22, 2006 Author Posted January 22, 2006 Welll.... Thursday we had to grab a burger between homeschool co-op and bible study... So, I made it through that day... Friday we had a grown up lunch out... So that lasted for a day or two... Today, HSdad and I are going out... so I get to eat again. I think the kids got the message when they were supposed to fix the $1 pizzas again... they looked pretty depressed.... Next week we will take out the kids' cookbook...
Sojourner Posted January 22, 2006 Posted January 22, 2006 I'll come cook for you if you want. I've developed a nutella/strawberry quesadilla that's really good for breakfast.
Jaime Posted January 22, 2006 Posted January 22, 2006 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Jan 22 2006, 08:10 AM']I'll come cook for you if you want. I've developed a nutella/strawberry quesadilla that's really good for breakfast. [right][snapback]863177[/snapback][/right] [/quote] That's just too many syllables for breakfast. What happened to bacon and pork based eggs?
Jaime Posted January 22, 2006 Posted January 22, 2006 *and there was much rejoicing at the return of the "pork based eggs" joke!!*
let_go_let_God Posted January 22, 2006 Posted January 22, 2006 I hope all goes well. If you are in Duluth let me know, my roomates and I would probably be willing to cook. God bless- LGLG
Sojourner Posted January 22, 2006 Posted January 22, 2006 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Jan 22 2006, 09:13 AM']That's just too many syllables for breakfast. What happened to bacon and pork based eggs? [right][snapback]863180[/snapback][/right] [/quote] We have been in the mood for lighter fare with more fruit ... I'm not sure my doctor meant "nutella" when she saidstart eating better, but I know strawberries and tortillas are on the list. All this week it's been yogurt and granola. I haven't had any bacon or pork-based eggs for a while ... [quote name='hot stuff' date='Jan 22 2006, 09:15 AM']*and there was much rejoicing at the return of the "pork based eggs" joke!!* [right][snapback]863184[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Jaime Posted January 22, 2006 Posted January 22, 2006 I don't even know what a nutella is I thought it was a short novel
Sojourner Posted January 22, 2006 Posted January 22, 2006 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Jan 22 2006, 09:27 AM']I don't even know what a nutella is I thought it was a short novel [right][snapback]863197[/snapback][/right] [/quote] It's a chocolate hazelnut spread. You probably should remain ignorant of it for the greater good.
Jaime Posted January 22, 2006 Posted January 22, 2006 Well you are a writer, so I wouldn't put it past you to offer a strawberry tortilla short story for breakfast!
Sojourner Posted January 22, 2006 Posted January 22, 2006 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Jan 22 2006, 09:32 AM']Well you are a writer, so I wouldn't put it past you to offer a strawberry tortilla short story for breakfast! [right][snapback]863200[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I am talented. I've never been able to create an edible story, though. But I appreciate the confidence in my abilities.
Jaime Posted January 22, 2006 Posted January 22, 2006 Hsfamily: Good morning Abby! What's for breakfast? Abby: It was the best of breakfasts. It was the worst of breakfasts Hsfamily: Can we just have the best of breakfasts and not deal with the worst? Abby: Now is the breakfast of our discontent *Hsdad makes a run for a large bag of egg Mcmuffins*
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now