Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted January 20, 2006 Author Posted January 20, 2006 i miss the bastard fan club.......
Paphnutius Posted January 20, 2006 Posted January 20, 2006 [quote name='Paphnutius' date='Jan 19 2006, 05:45 PM']But Sam what does St. Paul tell us about divisions in the Church? 1 Cor 11:18-19 And did Christ not tell us in the Gosepl according to Matthew that both weeds and wheat will grow beside each other? Be not scandalized by divisions. Use them as a moment of grace to grow closer to Christ. [right][snapback]861346[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Because I thought you might have missed it and it is important considering the context.
catholicinsd Posted January 20, 2006 Posted January 20, 2006 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 19 2006, 06:55 PM']i miss the bastard fan club....... [right][snapback]861365[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Me two. Jesus loves you no matter what- as do Mary & Joseoh, just like all the Saints.
Fidei Defensor Posted January 20, 2006 Posted January 20, 2006 I guess since others are offering, I will give you my email address too: oremusxvi@gmail.com Trust me, I have been in your situation. I have been plagued will terrible doubts, especially about Jesus and God, as well as the Church. However, I have been able to persevere with the grace of God. What has helped me is to pray this simple prayer when I am having alot of doubts: "Lord Jesus Christ, sanctify my thoughts"
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted January 20, 2006 Author Posted January 20, 2006 its not small divisions. Its the idea that Trads are schismatic. The Pope is praying with Animists, and inviting them into the church in ASSISI. letting them putting their Buddha on the tabernacle. Many NO catholics think any criticism of the pope is disobidience. i seem to disagree. I see no love in traditional catholicism. I see no truth in NO catholicism. i am done. btw Matthew i got your email and i will respond to it later, when i have more time to read it. God Bless all of you, sam
Ash Wednesday Posted January 20, 2006 Posted January 20, 2006 Actually Pope Benedict put a stop to the Assisi garbage and placed Assisi directly under his jurisdiction because of that. People also claim that John Paul II kissed a Koran but that is false. It was either the Bible, or the New Testament. One of the two, but not the Koran.
Fidei Defensor Posted January 20, 2006 Posted January 20, 2006 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 19 2006, 07:00 PM']its not small divisions. Its the idea that Trads are schismatic. The Pope is praying with Animists, and inviting them into the church in ASSISI. letting them putting their Buddha on the tabernacle. Many NO catholics think any criticism of the pope is disobidience. i seem to disagree. I see no love in traditional catholicism. I see no truth in NO catholicism. i am done. btw Matthew i got your email and i will respond to it later, when i have more time to read it. God Bless all of you, sam [right][snapback]861378[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Those are sweeping generalizations. You cannot equate your feelings about something the Pope apparantly did with the whole of Catholics, nor can you equate the whole of Catholicism with your own experiences. You dont need to be a "trad" or a "NO" Catholic, you can just be plain old Catholic. You just need to trust Jesus and trust the Holy Father. Didn't Jesus promise he would be with the Church always? Your soul is safe with the Church.
Ash Wednesday Posted January 20, 2006 Posted January 20, 2006 Worry less about what others in the Church are doing for right now. Maybe God is telling you to look within instead, and spend quiet simple time building your relationship with him.
avemaria40 Posted January 20, 2006 Posted January 20, 2006 Sam, I have only been a Catholic for almost two years now, and I get tired of trying to figure stuff out as well. I get frustrated and my priest and youth ministers have to remind me that it's a lifetime journey, not one you make in two years, but your whole life. Remember, there is nothing against traditional Catholicism as long is it's in communion with Rome and there is a bunch that is (Indult and such). Faith does get confusing and there are times when you go through a spiritual desert but God is still loving you and there for you all the same. It's ok to have doubts, someone said that doubt is what keeps faith moving and St. Paul has said in the Bible to always persevere in your faith. And also remember, though the Church is guided by the Holy Spirit and the gates of Hell won't prevail against her, the people running it are only human and are bound to make mistakes, thanks to original sin Don't give up Sam, when I first came on this site, you seemed like a person who would do anything to please God, don't lose it. I'll be praying for you.
Laudate_Dominum Posted January 20, 2006 Posted January 20, 2006 [quote name='Light and Truth' date='Jan 19 2006, 05:50 PM']You know one thing that is true. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Start with that. Look to Him and let the rest fall in from there. Studying theology doesn't make saints; it makes theologians. Jesus makes us saints because of the new nature that we receive as Christians. Whatever you do, please don't let some uncertainty or doubt or something hard cause you to walk away from what you have known to be true. [right][snapback]861358[/snapback][/right] [/quote] :applause:
Guest Rick777 Posted January 20, 2006 Posted January 20, 2006 I recommend going on a retreat or sumthin.
Fidei Defensor Posted January 20, 2006 Posted January 20, 2006 [quote name='Rick777' date='Jan 19 2006, 07:09 PM']I recommend going on a retreat or sumthin. [right][snapback]861392[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Excellent suggestion. As well, spend some time in Eucharistic Adoration and talk to Jesus about your problems and feelings. I'm sure he can help you
catholicinsd Posted January 20, 2006 Posted January 20, 2006 By leaving the Catholic Church you'd be leaving the most traditional Christian Church.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted January 20, 2006 Author Posted January 20, 2006 what about the Pope brining all those false relegious leaders to the vatican to pray for world peace. why most we ecumenicize with Non-christians?
catholicinsd Posted January 20, 2006 Posted January 20, 2006 (edited) [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 19 2006, 07:15 PM']what about the Pope brining all those false relegious leaders to the vatican to pray for world peace. why most we ecumenicize with Non-christians? [right][snapback]861401[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I believe His Holiness was also trying to evangelize them. Either way you shouldn't leave the Church. Edited January 20, 2006 by catholicinsd
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted January 20, 2006 Author Posted January 20, 2006 well that is probably so. i mean i gotta trust the Holy father.
Guest Rick777 Posted January 20, 2006 Posted January 20, 2006 You seem very confused.......seek out a spiritual director.
catholicinsd Posted January 20, 2006 Posted January 20, 2006 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 19 2006, 07:18 PM']well that is probably so. i mean i gotta trust the Holy father. [right][snapback]861404[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yes, you should.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted January 20, 2006 Author Posted January 20, 2006 i don't really know any priests. how do i do the whole spiritual director thing?
God the Father Posted January 20, 2006 Posted January 20, 2006 [quote name='Rick777' date='Jan 19 2006, 07:09 PM']I recommend going on a retreat or sumthin. [right][snapback]861392[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Vision quest?
Recommended Posts