Myles Domini Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 (edited) Go for it phatpham. In your words why is Papa Bene so great? VIVA IL PAPA! Edited January 25, 2006 by Myles
Ash Wednesday Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 Among many things, the way he says words like "peez" and "choy."
cmotherofpirl Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 Cause he looks so innocent but he has a mind like a steel trap - nothing ecapes him.
Church Punk Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 Because he is the vicor of Christ on Earth... The closest one to God.
Nathan Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 Because he is one of the greatest theologians the Church has ever produced.
Era Might Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 Believe it or not, I secretly hoped before John Paul even died that Ratzinger would become a Saint someday. He reminds me of St. Charles Borromeo. I thought of him as St. Paul to John Paul II's St. Peter. I think he will be canonized someday, and his corpus of thought will go down in history next to John Paul II.
lifescanticle Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 (edited) Because he has an aura of peace and understanding. Edited January 25, 2006 by lifescanticle
thessalonian Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 By the grace of God. It's as simple as that.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 [quote name='Era Might' date='Jan 25 2006, 09:25 AM']Believe it or not, I secretly hoped before John Paul even died that Ratzinger would become a Saint someday. He reminds me of St. Charles Borromeo. I thought of him as St. Paul to John Paul II's St. Peter. I think he will be canonized someday, and his corpus of thought will go down in history next to John Paul II. [right][snapback]865435[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yes, God has given us some wonderfully saintly popes in our time.
prose Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 Because he is firm and unwaivering in his convictions!
thessalonian Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 [quote name='Era Might' date='Jan 25 2006, 07:25 AM']Believe it or not, I secretly hoped before John Paul even died that Ratzinger would become a Saint someday. He reminds me of St. Charles Borromeo. I thought of him as St. Paul to John Paul II's St. Peter. I think he will be canonized someday, and his corpus of thought will go down in history next to John Paul II. [right][snapback]865435[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Have you read the prophecy of John Bosco?
alicemary Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 Geez, am I the only dissenter here? I am not thrilled with him, think he has absolutely no personality and is dull. But then again, I am not strictly a traditionalist so have never really cared for him. Debate anyone?
Didacus Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 [quote name='thessalonian' date='Jan 25 2006, 08:40 AM']By the grace of God. It's as simple as that. [right][snapback]865459[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Precisely my thoughts, though my words: By his holiness and faith as granted to him by God and which he carries so well. but simply said by 'grace' is pretty darn good too!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 [quote name='thessalonian' date='Jan 25 2006, 01:21 PM']Have you read the prophecy of John Bosco? [right][snapback]865536[/snapback][/right] [/quote] : I think this is it. Can't wait to anchor...I'm getting seasick. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon8.gif[/img]
Colleen Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 [quote name='alicemary' date='Jan 25 2006, 12:21 PM']Geez, am I the only dissenter here? I am not thrilled with him, think he has absolutely no personality and is dull. But then again, I am not strictly a traditionalist so have never really cared for him. Debate anyone? [right][snapback]865537[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Why does he strike you that way? I think he has a wonderful personality. It is different from the previous Holy Father's, but I like him a lot. Have you read any of his writings or ever watched him interact with people?
morostheos Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 Because he's such a lovable old professor type. Knows what he's talking about, and is eager to share his knowledge with the world in love.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now