Old_Joe Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 He went AWOL from the Nazi's at a time when he would've been killed for doing so. He's written 80 some books and 400+ articles on Theology including co-founding a Theological journal. He went from priest to Cardinal within the same year. I've heard people say that he reminds them of their Grandpa.
heyyoimjohnny Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 (edited) Cuz he gets enough carp from everyone to fill all the world's toilets and keeps going! I wanna be just like him someday! Edited January 25, 2006 by heyyoimjohnny
Ash Wednesday Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 [quote name='alicemary' date='Jan 25 2006, 11:21 AM'] But then again, I am not strictly a traditionalist so have never really cared for him. [right][snapback]865537[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Um, just because someone is pleased with Benedict XVI doesn't make them a strict traditionalist. I guess we're entitled to a personal opinion regarding how we perceive the pope on a personality level (aside from adherance to his teachings). Me personally, while I really loved and appreciated the media genius that was John Paul -- on a personal level I can relate more to Benedict with his introverted early-on stage fright and shyness.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 [quote name='Era Might' date='Jan 25 2006, 08:25 AM']Believe it or not, I secretly hoped before John Paul even died that Ratzinger would become a Saint someday. He reminds me of St. Charles Borromeo. I thought of him as St. Paul to John Paul II's St. Peter. I think he will be canonized someday, and his corpus of thought will go down in history next to John Paul II. [right][snapback]865435[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I don't think every single pope is a saint.
Ash Wednesday Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 You can say that again! Look at Pope Alexander VI.
Myles Domini Posted January 25, 2006 Author Posted January 25, 2006 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 25 2006, 07:43 PM']I don't think every single pope is a saint. [right][snapback]865678[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I dont think Era Might's post had anything to do with the sanctity of the Popes but the sanctity of Ratzinger. After all neither Sts Borromeo or Paul were Pontiff's.
Quietfire Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 (edited) He is wonderful I did a happy dance that day. Edited January 25, 2006 by Quietfire
photosynthesis Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 because he reminds me of my grandpa. and he wears cool hats.
Fidei Defensor Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 I heard him addressing a crowd in French on T.V. the other day.. Oh boy, he sounds adorable speaking in French with that German accent.
Guest Rick777 Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 He has a brilliant mind, a personality that softens hearts, and that smell of sanctity.
benedictaj Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 He reminds me of a cuddly bear.... .....with an amazing mind! and so filled with love of Christ
jiyoung Posted January 26, 2006 Posted January 26, 2006 He's brilliant and wonderful! Plus, I love how he's bringing back old papal style...lol. That camauro made me so happy. I think he's awesome. What a man of God. Viva il Papa! xD
DemonSlayer Posted January 26, 2006 Posted January 26, 2006 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Jan 26 2006, 03:51 AM']You can say that again! Look at Pope Alexander VI. [right][snapback]865688[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I can't believe they're making a movie about him ("Borgia" starring Scarlett Johansson & Colin Farrell)...
Old_Joe Posted January 26, 2006 Posted January 26, 2006 [img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20051208/capt.sge.mjk90.081205184126.photo00.photo.default-389x274.jpg[/img] How can you say no to a face like that? :
ironmonk Posted January 27, 2006 Posted January 27, 2006 [quote name='Myles' date='Jan 25 2006, 07:01 AM']Go for it phatpham. In your words why is Papa Bene so great? VIVA IL PAPA! [right][snapback]865383[/snapback][/right] [/quote] God picked him. He's Catholic. He's conservative. He's bold. He's smart. I have used his writings in defense of the Church years before he was even thought that he would be the next Pope. God Bless, ironmonk
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now