An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dropping Out/GED

Tink

[quote name='Tink' date='Jan 26 2006, 08:27 AM'][color=#ff0066 ]and go home to find myself swamped with homework that I truly don't need. [/color]
[right][snapback]866532[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]And you're in an honors program at school?

Ummm I'm actually someone who's dropped out and gotten their GED, and went straight to to Community College. Yes, Steubie accepts GED kids, cuz I'm one of them

I do NOT regret my decision. But I also went straight to college. And I'm graduating with an Associate's Degree in May.

[quote]I had a friend who dropped out 4 months shy of graduation. She's still trying to straighten her mess out.
Another friend who had the highest hopes for her daughter, we all did actually, because she sounded JUST LIKE YOU. But she, the daughter, decided that high school was boring and unstimulating and that she would get her GED and attend college, and.......................................

Yep, she works right beside her mother in the wonderful world of Food Service.
[/quote]

Not ALL who DROP OUT work in food service. I have a good job in my field that pays pretty well....if you keep yourself on track it's fine. Really.

I'm going on to a four year school in the fall, a highly accredited catholic school which doesn't just accept ANYONE and I have a nice scholarship there as well. And I only have a year and a half of high school.

If you have a real plan, getting your GED isn't the end of the world. Yeah there's a lot of work involved, but for me it was the right decision. It's not for everyone.

[quote name='Quietfire' date='Jan 27 2006, 01:38 PM']Time for a wake up call.
[right][snapback]867628[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

nice post

inthelight009

Finish school. Life can wait. I wanted to graduate a term early, I'd have everything I need. I was in the same way of thinking, I'm not learning everything. But talking to people who dropped out or are not doing well at school you can tell that they are not all togather there. School teaches you how to learn and how to take things in. I'm sure you are learning somethings. Athough there are those really focused people that know what they are doing and go into University or College. In high school it is nice to have a group of people that are going through the same thing as you.

There are also some people who are more mature than their peers and emotionally and intellectually are not in the same place....so it can be very frustrating for them.