Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm joining the S.M.M.M.H.D.H.


Recommended Posts

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

S.M.M.M.H.D.H. =

[b]Society for a Moratorium on the Music of Marty Haugen and David Haas[/b]

[url="http://www.mgilleland.com/music/moratorium.htm"]http://www.mgilleland.com/music/moratorium.htm[/url]

You are de facto a member of the Society if you gag or grit your teeth whenever you hear any of the following:

Come to the Feast
Gather Us In
Sing Out, Earth and Skies

missionseeker
Posted

Help I'm choking!

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[b]Gather Us In[/b]

Here in this place, a bad song is starting,
Now will the altar turn into a stage.
All that is holy is slowly departing,
Making a way for the coming New Age.

Gather us in, though we are like captives.
But to miss Mass on Sunday, that would be wrong.
But Lord hear our plea, regarding M. Haugen:
Give him the courage to put down that bong.

Dear Father Smith make a beeline procession,
Run if you have to, make it real terse.
If you can start this Mass very quickly,
Maybe we'll only have to sing but one verse.


Here in this place, our comfortable parish,
All of the statues carried away,
See in each face a vacuous visage,
Brought here by guilt or by R.C.I.A.

Gather us in, by Bimmer or Hummer,
Gather us in, so we can feel good,
Come to us now in this barren Zen temple,
With only a shrub and an altar of wood.

Gather us in, our radical pastor,
Gather us in, our unveiled nun,
Call to us now, with guitars and bongos,
Hang up your cellphones and join in the fun!

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

Whoa.. look who I noticed on the official membership roster:

Nicholas Hardesty

:yahoo:

missionseeker
Posted

I know Steve and Suzanne Greydanus.
Movie Critc for NCR

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[img]http://www.splendoroftruth.com/curtjester/Pics/hh_litirgicallicorice.jpg[/img]

missionseeker
Posted
:lol:

How about sappy song sundae
Birgitta Noel
Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jan 28 2006, 12:07 AM'][b]Gather Us In[/b]

    Here in this place, a bad song is starting,
    Now will the altar turn into a stage.
    All that is holy is slowly departing,
    Making a way for the coming New Age.

    Gather us in, though we are like captives.
    But to miss Mass on Sunday, that would be wrong.
    But Lord hear our plea, regarding M. Haugen:
    Give him the courage to put down that bong.

    Dear Father Smith make a beeline procession,
    Run if you have to, make it real terse.
    If you can start this Mass very quickly,
    Maybe we'll only have to sing but one verse.
    Here in this place, our comfortable parish,
    All of the statues carried away,
    See in each face a vacuous visage,
    Brought here by guilt or by R.C.I.A.

    Gather us in, by Bimmer or Hummer,
    Gather us in, so we can feel good,
    Come to us now in this barren Zen temple,
    With only a shrub and an altar of wood.

    Gather us in, our radical pastor,
    Gather us in, our unveiled nun,
    Call to us now, with guitars and bongos,
    Hang up your cellphones and join in the fun!
[right][snapback]868361[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


Ok, that was funny. Though I have to admit to liking some of their stuff :ninja:

missionseeker
Posted

this is a tiny bit off subject but I was looking through my mom's classical music records and there is a composer I didn't know named Humperdinck.


" I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!"

Birgitta Noel
Posted

Engleburt Humperdink. I used to listen to his records at my grandparents, on one of those record players where you could load multiple records at a time.... :blink:

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='missionseeker' date='Jan 27 2006, 11:27 PM']this is a tiny bit off subject but I was looking through my mom's classical music records and there is a composer I didn't know named Humperdinck.
" I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!"
[right][snapback]868373[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:rolling:

missionseeker
Posted

[quote name='Birgitta Noel' date='Jan 28 2006, 12:29 AM']Engleburt Humperdink.  I used to listen to his records at my grandparents, on one of those record players where you could load multiple records at a time.... :blink:
[right][snapback]868375[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

her's are records but we don't have a stackable record player.

missionseeker
Posted

Do you have to do anything besides send the guy and email to join? And what happens after you join?

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='missionseeker' date='Jan 27 2006, 11:47 PM']Do you have to do anything besides send the guy and email to join? And what happens after you join?
[right][snapback]868394[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:idontknow:

not sure.. but I'm pretty sure you just shoot the guy an email.

Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jan 28 2006, 12:55 AM']S.M.M.M.H.D.H. =

[b]Society for a Moratorium on the Music of Marty Haugen and David Haas[/b]

[url="http://www.mgilleland.com/music/moratorium.htm"]http://www.mgilleland.com/music/moratorium.htm[/url]

You are de facto a member of the Society if you gag or grit your teeth whenever you hear any of the following:

Come to the Feast
Gather Us In
Sing Out, Earth and Skies
[right][snapback]868354[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I'm a member. Those guys make me barf.

Posted

JMJ
1/28 - St. Thomas Aquinas

Oh yeah, I'm totally a member.

Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jan 28 2006, 01:10 AM']Whoa.. look who I noticed on the official membership roster:

Nicholas Hardesty

:yahoo:[right][snapback]868363[/snapback][/right][/quote]
heck yea :punk:

Posted

I sorta like those songs... Am I kicked off of PhatMass now?

Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jan 28 2006, 01:19 AM'][img]http://www.splendoroftruth.com/curtjester/Pics/hh_litirgicallicorice.jpg[/img]
[right][snapback]868368[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

heh

was thinking the same thing

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...