shortnun Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 [b]Sing out, earth and skies! Sing of the God who loves you! Raise your joyful cries! Dance to the life around you![/b] <insert liturgical dancing HERE: > I honestly can't even remember the verses. I just think the chorus is catchy and often hum it. [i]Gather Us In[/i], however, should be used [b]sparingly[/b].
Colleen Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 Hehe, I'd totally join. Bring back Gregorian chant!
Theoketos Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 <<<Maybe Liturgical dancing explains the Banana...
Theologian in Training Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 [quote name='Theoketos' date='Jan 28 2006, 01:23 PM'] <<<Maybe Liturgical dancing explains the Banana... [right][snapback]868587[/snapback][/right] [/quote] No, [url="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/banana.php"]this[/url] explains the dancing banana.
philothea Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 [quote name='Theologian in Training' date='Jan 28 2006, 11:39 AM']No, [url="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/banana.php"]this[/url] explains the dancing banana. [right][snapback]868597[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I'd always wondered. As far as the music... I have been stuck in a parish with no music at all for many years. I'd be happy with a Casio playing Haas for a bunch of old ladies who can't sing. But I'd probably get over appreciating that fast enough.
jgirl Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jan 27 2006, 10:55 PM']S.M.M.M.H.D.H. = [b]Society for a Moratorium on the Music of Marty Haugen and David Haas[/b] [url="http://www.mgilleland.com/music/moratorium.htm"]http://www.mgilleland.com/music/moratorium.htm[/url] You are de facto a member of the Society if you gag or grit your teeth whenever you hear any of the following: Come to the Feast Gather Us In Sing Out, Earth and Skies [right][snapback]868354[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I've been a member since the beginning!
Cam42 Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jan 28 2006, 12:55 AM']S.M.M.M.H.D.H. = [b]Society for a Moratorium on the Music of Marty Haugen and David Haas[/b] [url="http://www.mgilleland.com/music/moratorium.htm"]http://www.mgilleland.com/music/moratorium.htm[/url] You are de facto a member of the Society if you gag or grit your teeth whenever you hear any of the following: Come to the Feast Gather Us In Sing Out, Earth and Skies [right][snapback]868354[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I already belong.....
Azriel Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 I'm not sure anything can explain the dancing banana. One of the great mysteries of life, that one.
phatcatholic Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 [quote name='prose' date='Jan 28 2006, 11:58 AM']I sorta like those songs... Am I kicked off of PhatMass now? [right][snapback]868534[/snapback][/right][/quote] nah, you can stay. you probably grew up w/ that stuff like the majority of us, so you were brainwashed into liking it don't worry, its not ur fault, it happened to all of us. [b]BREAK FREE, PROSE!!! BREAK FREE!!![/b] [b]I'LL SAVE YOU!!![/b] :
Theoketos Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 Must fight urge to sing off key to Eagle's Wings.
photosynthesis Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 anyone else think Gather Us In sounds like an old drinking song? It's so upbeat... the kind of song that would sound good with different words and a beer in your hand beer, beer, beer diddley beer beer beer beer
the_rev Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 We sang two David Haas and Marty Haugen Songs today! (The psalm not included had music by David Haas) Yours in Christ, Ed
prose Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 haha! At Mass yesterday they played Gather Us In, AND Come to the Feast! You would've all loved it!!
Sarah_JC Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 (edited) At my Church those 3 songs would never get played, not because of their style, but their lyrics. Too focused on Christians, not on Christ. Actually, the tunes are quite catchy, but their words aren't reverent enough. But I'd have to look at all their songs before I decided to sign a list. You can't judge a person's entire body of work by 3 songs. edited for a typo... oops! Edited January 29, 2006 by Sarah_JC
azaelia Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 They had all the Catholic school kids sing a Haugen song before the closing prayer...the only redeeming quality of the production was the kids
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now