An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kids and their sleepovers

homeschoolmom

homeschoolmom

So, yesterday my seven year old was playing with the neighbor kid... and they did the whole planning a sleepover thing. We were the chosen location. So, I heard a lot of "go ask your mom." blah, blah, blah... Now, this isn't a big deal-- he lives next door. But they have very different sleeping habits next door. My kids go to bed around 8 and wake up around 7... My neighbor told me that her son went to sleep at 10:30 and woke around 9. So, I told the boys that they would have to get to sleep no later than 8:30 so that we could have a productive day (It's a school day, after all). They agreed. So, we pulled out the hide-a-bed in the basement and they built themselves a cave out of the cushions. When HSdad checked on them at 8:45, they were sound asleep.

They woke up at like, 6 and started goofing off downstairs. My son came up at 6:40 asking for breakfast. I pulled out the pack of individual cereal boxes that I'd bought for the occasion. HSneighbor doesn't like regular milk-- only chocolate. So he was out of luck. He had to eat his CocoPuffs dry.

They just packed him up and he just walked home.

HSDaughter's turn to have friends over is Friday....

homeschoolmom

[quote name='shortnun' date='Jan 31 2006, 08:13 AM']I :love: couch cushion caves
[right][snapback]870836[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yeah, I try to be pretty permissive in the cave building department.

homeschoolmom

I was shocked... I figured I'd have my son passed out and the neighbor kid playing in the playroom until all hours...

Ora et Labora

Ya, thats what usually happens. lol But its cool he went to bed. My little siblings (4 of them...and all homeschooled) and there friends always get up early as well.