An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kids and their sleepovers

homeschoolmom

I had the BEST chocolate milk the other day from a local dairy. :drool:

I still occasionally do sleepovers. We don't build tents, but we do eat cheesy popcorn and watch movies.

The funny thing is that we all fall asleep much earlier now than we did when we were teenagers.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Jan 31 2006, 09:24 AM']I had the BEST chocolate milk the other day from a local dairy. :drool:

I still occasionally do sleepovers. We don't build tents, but we do eat cheesy popcorn and watch movies.

The funny thing is that we all fall asleep much earlier now than we did when we were teenagers.
[right][snapback]870901[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
We have a homeschool mid-winter sleepover-- the kids sleep in front of the TV on the main level and the moms take over the basement. (the guest room is down there. ;) )

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jan 31 2006, 10:28 AM']We have a homeschool mid-winter sleepover-- the kids sleep in front of the TV on the main level and the moms take over the basement. (the guest room is down there. ;) )
[right][snapback]870905[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Sweet!

Speaking of sleepover related things, yesterday I was at Ikea with a friend of mine, and they had the COOLEST thing in the kids section.

[img]http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/20142_PE105343_S3.jpg[/img]

Look at it! You can pull the cover over it and be in your own little (pork-based) egg-shaped swivel chair! I want them to make a Sojourner-sized one!

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Jan 31 2006, 10:02 AM']Sweet!

Speaking of sleepover related things, yesterday I was at Ikea with a friend of mine, and they had the COOLEST thing in the kids section.
[img]http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/20142_PE105343_S3.jpg[/img]

Look at it! You can pull the cover over it and be in your own little (pork-based) egg-shaped swivel chair! I want them to make a Sojourner-sized one!
[right][snapback]870929[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
My kids love to play in those things at IKEA. I would get them, but where would we put them???

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jan 31 2006, 11:39 AM']oh man.. sleepovers are for stayin up ALL NIGHT!!!
[right][snapback]871059[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Not if you're seven, have school the next day or ever want to be allowed to have another one...

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jan 31 2006, 12:36 PM']My kids love to play in those things at IKEA. I would get them, but where would we put them???
[right][snapback]871048[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Umm ... your basement? You have plenty of room down there! I have been trying to figure out how I could get a me-sized one and put it in my living room. I might trade in the purple chair.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jan 31 2006, 12:51 PM'][quote name='Aloysius' date='Jan 31 2006, 12:39 PM']
oh man.. sleepovers are for stayin up ALL NIGHT!!!
[right][snapback]871059[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Not if you're seven, have school the next day or ever want to be allowed to have another one...
[right][snapback]871074[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Or if you're nearing 30 and have had a long day.

• 1 month later...

I love sleepovers! :lol: my friends and I stay up till' 3 watching movies and eating ;) of course we're 16 so its not like we'll wake up at 6 am asking for breakfast. lol. We sleep in, but its funny becuase no matter how late the little kids stay up, there always up at 6 or 7!

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Sailahína' date='Mar 24 2006, 11:00 PM'] but its funny becuase no matter how late the little kids stay up, there always up at 6 or 7!
[right][snapback]921429[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yeah... I wonder why that is....

Cow of Shame

We'd have Atari marathons...keep track of scores on all games played, and total them up in the morning to determine the winner.