An Old School Catholic Message Board

Praying for Priests

ForHimAlone

One thing that has been really important to me over the course of my discernment has been praying for priests. I made a personal offering of my life to God for the sake of the sanctification of priests several months ago. After today finding out that a local priest hung himself in a rectory bedroom :sadder: and seeing the sorrow in another priest's (my Spiritual Director) eyes, I had an idea.

Maybe we should organize a group here on Phatmass of people who would be interested to say a special rosary for the sake of our priests every week? If you would be interested in doing this, you could either leave a post here or send me a PM and I can schedule people for certain days of the week to say a rosary for our priests. That way we can have a special rosary said every day by several people for the sake of our priests.

We could also come up with a cool name for our group... Hmmm...

Anyone interested?

Edited by ForHimAlone

I talked with ForHimAlone on AIM and we thought it'd be best to do this thorugh a blog because that way more people can be involved. So I have started the blog. You may find at: [url="http://prayforpriests.blogspot.com"]Pray for Priests Blog[/url]

I still have to invite Forhimalone as a poster, which I will do right away; since this was her idea!

Yours in Christ,

Ed

Edited by the_rev

Ok, we have almost enough people to assign days of the week:

Let's officially begin this mission this Saturday, the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes.

Saturday- Philosopher
Sunday- the_rev
Monday- Zabbazooey
Tuesday- nowak.chris
Wednesday- Memtherose
Thursday- ForHimAlone
Friday- I can also take this, until we get more people interested

If your assigned day does not work for you, please PM me and I'll get it changed. On your day please offer all your trials and sufferings up for the sake of the sanctification of priests. Perhaps offer you participation at Mass for this intention, as well. Then please say a rosary to Our Blessed Lady, Mother of All Priests for the sanctification and protection of priests.

Thank you for volunteering to do this! I'm so joyful that we can get moving on this!

We love our :priest_halo: !!

Edited by ForHimAlone

If those who have a special day could visit the blog and respond to the opening post, that way I will put the schedule up on the site.

Yours in Christ,

Eddy Lee

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Feb 9 2006, 07:16 AM']May I fill the Friday slot? I'd like to participate very much!
[right][snapback]881486[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Of course, dear!

I told my Spiritual Director about this today, and he was so thankful that this group will be praying for him and all his brother priests. Praise Jesus!

I would like to as well.

Here's a prayer said daily for priests by our Discalced Carmelite Nuns here in Buffalo:

Risen Lord Jesus,
You love Priests with all Your priestly Heart. Hear my heart-felt prayer for all of our Priests. I pray for faithful and fervent priests, for unfaithful and tepid priests, for priests who labor at home and abroad, for lonely and desolate Priests, for young and old priests, for sick and dying priests, for the souls of priests in purgatory.

Merciful Heart of Jesus, remember that they are weak and frail human beings. Give them a deep faith, a bright and firm hope and a burning love. I ask that in their lonliness You comfort them, in their sorrow You strengthen them, in their frustration You show them, that it is through suffering that the soul is purified.

Eternal High Priest, keep them close to Your Sacred Heart, and bless them aboundantly in time and in eternity. Amen.

Edited by brendan1104