An Old School Catholic Message Board

I opened my acceptance letter!

FutureSoror

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Feb 17 2006, 10:00 PM']:lol_roll:  :lol_roll:  :clap:  :banana:  :banana:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :yahoo:
And you're the first to hear about it, too!
[right][snapback]890718[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:D:

Whoops, haha. I even forgot to say what I was accepted to. :)

I'll be entering the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist on August 28th. hehe!

she_who_is_not

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Feb 17 2006, 04:00 PM']Just now!

:lol_roll:  :lol_roll:  :clap:  :banana:  :banana:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :yahoo:
And you're the first to hear about it, too!
[right][snapback]890718[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Congratulations!!! Another phatmass sister!! :clapping:

Awesome!

Kristina is going to their retreat in May. I was just sending them an email, what a co-een-kee-dink.

Edited by OLAM Dad

So... I'm curious. What do they say in an acceptance letter? Is it matter of fact like a college acceptance letter (they are Dominicans afterall) or is it all mushy?

Is it long? Is it written by hand or typed? Is it on fancy paper? Will you frame it?

Am I asking too many questions?

No, you're not. :)

I was wondering the same thing before I got it.

In fact, I was thinking of posting it, but that seemed... I don't know, I guess I wondered if I [i]should[/i] do that or not.

It's from Mother Assumpta, very officially typed on their letterhead. She says that is happy to inform me that I have been accepted to the Community after careful review of my papers, and then:

"Surely this news brings you great joy and peace. Know also that we are most grateful to God for the gift of your desire to love Him to the fullest extent of your abilities as a Religious Sister consecrated to God. We cannot ever thank God enough for His greatest blessings of Faith and Vocation. None of us are worthy; our life becomes one of immense and prayer-filled thanksgiving and thus it becomes most Eucharistic."

And then it talks about the entrace ceremony and to be sure to be a half hour early to get changed into my postulant outfit and "Have your Office Book and Rosary where you can get them in a hurry!"

And then there is a touching closing.

The thought of framing it did come to my mind... but I think I'll just keep it close at hand in my room, instead. :)

Too much information?? :lol:

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Feb 17 2006, 05:02 PM']Whoops, haha.  I even forgot to say what I was accepted to.  :)
I'll be entering the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist on August 28th.  hehe!
[right][snapback]890721[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I knew right away when I read the thread title where the acceptance was to!!!!!!!!!!

So many prayers for you! :)