An Old School Catholic Message Board

I opened my acceptance letter!

FutureSoror

oh that is so wonderfully exciting for you I cant help to be just a bit jealous ;) but i am much more excited and happy for you than jealous. If i were you I would be so excited i could barely breath wowzer thats super excited. God Bless and Mary keep
Karin
oh and of course you have my prayers

[quote name='Dave' date='Feb 18 2006, 11:07 AM']Tell Sr. Maria Faustina, Sr. John Mary, Sr. Mary Joseph, and Sr. Ave Maria that Dave from WYD and MI says hi!
[right][snapback]891205[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You were at world youth day with them?? That's awesome! :)

AlterDominicus

Speaking of others entering, I know two more people next to our Soror, Sister who will be entering the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist - not including me since I have to wait a little longer. :lol_roll:

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Feb 18 2006, 01:26 AM'][img]http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7103/1797/1600/2005%20postulants.jpg[/img]
[right][snapback]890966[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wow, that's a lot of nuns.

You'd think all these dying orders would get a clue on why people are entering this order.

Congratulations on your vocation and your acceptance! :)

They live in community, have community prayer, including the Divine Office, Holy Mass every day, Adoration of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, the Rosary and they wear the full habit. All those things are incredibly witnesses to those who see them. . .not to mention the joy they exude by being faithful to the Holy Megesterium and their vocation as consecrated women. Young people see this witness and see they by living this radical call, they are doing something they couldn't normally or readily do living as single women in the world.

Congrats and God bless you! I'm so excited for you...I womder how many girls will be entering this year??

Keep us posted as you prepare to enter, please!!!

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Feb 20 2006, 05:07 AM']"Have your Office Book and Rosary where you can get them in a hurry!"
I'd like to understand that - ?

:guitar:  :scratchhead:  :think:
[right][snapback]892556[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Apparently their entrance cermony includes praying the Rosary and the Divine Office. Or perhaps they do them either immediately before or after the ceremony and there is no time to prepare.

A postulant is thinking about a lot of things on her entrance day. She has family and friends there and a lot of emotions are running through her head. I guess they just want to remind people not to forget their Office and Rosary. :)

AlterDominicus

OH! Okay yeah thats understandable, hmm...I may just make a song out of that (I have a million SMME songs I've made) I play guitar to.