the numbers work out!

Aloysius

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Raphael' date='Feb 19 2006, 07:22 PM']I can't drive. :(
[right][snapback]892095[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You really should learn. Maybe Jennie can teach you... :P:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Feb 19 2006, 08:24 PM']You really should learn. Maybe Jennie can teach you...  :P:
[right][snapback]892101[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yeah...everything but parallel parking... :ninja:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Feb 19 2006, 08:24 PM']I was offering full transportation from steubie and back... and free drinks and snacks!
[right][snapback]892099[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I would have come then...but only if I knew you weren't a serial killer.

lol... well you could have brought friends to defend yourself!

I would have even let you hold the small samarai sword/daggar that I keep in my car :P: :ninja:

anyway, I'm considering another trip this saturday then. The only problem with seeing the property is that it's so cold out right now (but that also works to our advantage as there are less people looking at it and/or making offers)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Feb 19 2006, 08:28 PM']lol... well you could have brought friends to defend yourself!

I would have even let you hold the small samarai sword/daggar that I keep in my car :P: :ninja:

anyway, I'm considering another trip this saturday then.  The only problem with seeing the property is that it's so cold out right now (but that also works to our advantage as there are less people looking at it and/or making offers)
[right][snapback]892109[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Well, it's kind of pointless...I can't afford to help your proposal...I can't even afford to get a haircut without asking my parents for money.

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Feb 19 2006, 06:11 PM']seriously?  then what did Einstein do with his Relativity?  I was pretty sure he had that patented... maybe just get it copyrighted/published, whatever.
[right][snapback]892070[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Scientists publish their papers in peer reviewed journals. But nowadays all the hot action is at arXiv and other pre-print archives.

FWIW, I have never seen a scientist interested in stealing someone else's theory. Generally they all discuss their projects every chance they get, to work out the bugs and bounce ideas around. Einstein included.

You get credit as creator of a theory the moment it's published, anywhere. You own copyright on a written work the moment it's in permanent form -- just print it out. If you're really paranoid, print it out, and mail it to yourself in a sealed envelope. The post mark will indicate the date.

However, this is silly. :P:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Raphael' date='Feb 19 2006, 07:26 PM']I would have come then...but only if I knew you weren't a serial killer.
[right][snapback]892106[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:scream:

lol

okay...

but I still find it awefully curious that Einstein worked at the patent office and all the sudden happened upon that theory :unsure: :P:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='philothea' date='Feb 19 2006, 08:32 PM']You get credit as creator of a theory the moment it's published, anywhere.  You own copyright on a written work the moment it's in permanent form -- just print it out.  If you're really paranoid, print it out, and mail it to yourself in a sealed envelope.  The post mark will indicate the date.
[right][snapback]892111[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
How would that work? He couldn't prove that he didn't just have a stamped envelope with something else in it and that he'd just printed off the document after receiving the letter...

[quote name='Raphael' date='Feb 19 2006, 06:34 PM']How would that work?  He couldn't prove that he didn't just have a stamped envelope with something else in it and that he'd just printed off the document after receiving the letter...
[right][snapback]892115[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You don't open the envelope, so it's in a sealed, postmarked package.

If someone claims prior ownership, you can use the package in court as your proof.

[quote name='philothea' date='Feb 19 2006, 08:55 PM']You don't open the envelope, so it's in a sealed, postmarked package.

If someone claims prior ownership, you can use the package in court as your proof.
[right][snapback]892136[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Or you could print it out and take it to a notary. Scientists working on hot topic subjects that are worried about such things generally write everything in their lab notebooks in pen and get the pages notarized on a daily basis.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Feb 19 2006, 08:26 PM']I would have come then...but only if I knew you weren't a serial killer.
[right][snapback]892106[/snapback][/right][/quote]
i've met him.

not a serial killer.

he does wield a wicked cane tho :sword: