An Old School Catholic Message Board

How will we know the return of Christ?

KnightofChrist

Ora et Labora

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='Feb 23 2006, 02:32 PM']If not...

Behold, he is coming amid the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him. All the peoples of the earth will lament him. Yes. Amen.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "the one who is and who was and who is to come, the almighty."

Rev. 1, 7-8

Also, in...

Mark 13, 21-27

If anyone says to you then, 'Look, here is the Messiah! Look, there he is!' do not believe it.
    False messiahs and false prophets will arise and will perform signs and wonders in order to mislead, if that were possible, the elect.
    Be watchful! I have told it all to you beforehand.
    "But in those days after that tribulation the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light,
    and the stars will be falling from the sky, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken.
    5 And then they will see 'the Son of Man coming in the clouds' with great power and glory,
    and then he will send out the angels and gather (his) elect from the four winds, from the end of the earth to the end of the sky.
[right][snapback]895781[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thats so awesome, Knightof Christ! You can write Latin? Awesome!

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Feb 23 2006, 02:36 PM']Thats so awesome, Knightof Christ! You can write Latin? Awesome!
[right][snapback]895785[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:blush: No, I can not... But what I did do was just find a passage I like from the New American Bible and find it in the Latin verison at the Vaticans site... The match up perfectly... of course...

But it is awesome how Christ will return!

Ora et Labora

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='Feb 23 2006, 02:41 PM']:blush: No, I can not... But what I did do was just find a passage I like from the New American Bible and find it in the Latin verison at the Vaticans site...  The match up perfectly... of course...

But it is awesome how Christ will return!
[right][snapback]895792[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That is cool! You have definitely done your studying...I'm jealous, everyone is so smart. I still have a long way to go. lol :blush:

I had once commented that everyone in hell probably doesn't have knees...

I was going to say you could tell when all the good little Christians disappear in the rapture :hehe:

Ora et Labora

[quote name='scardella' date='Feb 24 2006, 11:49 AM']I had once commented that everyone in hell probably doesn't have knees...

I was going to say you could tell when all the good little Christians disappear in the rapture :hehe:
[right][snapback]896678[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name=' Acts 1']9  And when he had said these things, while they looked on, he was raised up: and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10  And while they were beholding him going up to heaven, behold two men stood by them in white garments.
11  Who also said: Ye men of Galilee, why stand you looking up to heaven? This Jesus who is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come as you have seen him going into heaven.
[/quote]

He will be the guy floating on a cloud. :lol:

Edited by Church Punk