An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is my neighbour a homosexual?

Monoxide

Is my neighbour a homosexual?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have an interesting neighbour a house or two down. He was the un-accused (the victims never pursued it legally) homosexual that molested boys aged from 5 all the way to adulthood all his life, and it can be assumed that age was no barrier to this man (he also allegedly 'pursues' adult males).

Background of this man, he was the boy scout leader for quite some time, and held a very prominant position in running our community. A relative of mine by marriage once confessed to the family, on his deathbed (terminal illness), that he was the victim of this man's sexual perversions. The man has never had a wife and is active in all 'humane' activities such as the local planned parenthood and family planning groups, as well as UNICEF and the like.

Several confidents and I (when we were younger) did a little neighbourhood watch, keeping eye out for the homosexuals, and we noticed that this man, almost on a daily basis, entertained men in his household. He also entertained boys that were from out of town.

I fear for the safety of my family and friends's sons. This man is a homosexual, he has acted on his poor choices in the past and he will again. I must act.

-Monoxide

First, whether he is a homosexual or not is immaterial. He could just as well be a heterosexual. Pedophilia is not specific either way.

Second, I agree, he should be reported to the authorities (if he is a pedophile, not because he's a homosexual); assuming, of course, that there is credible evidence.

[quote name='Monoxide' date='Mar 2 2006, 09:02 PM']its not established that hes a homosexual, so what if i turn in an innocent man?
[right][snapback]901909[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

If he's a homosexual, leave him alone to live his life. You can't turn a man in for private vice in his own home.

If he is a pedophile and harming others, turn him in, provided there is credibile evidence.

[quote name='Monoxide' date='Mar 2 2006, 07:02 PM']its not established that hes a homosexual, so what if i turn in an innocent man?
[right][snapback]901909[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
If is innocent then the authorities will be able to find out and he will be a free man. If he is not innocent then the neighborhood will be that much safer.

infinitelord1

can u really call someone homosexual? Or is it really a matter of acting homosexual? Does the being of homosexual exist?

[quote]nearly 33% of all child molestation cases come from gay men.[/quote]

That's not true. Gay men are no more likely to molest children than heterosexual men.

[url="http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/Rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html"]Please read this.[/url]

Noel's angel

The issue isn't about his sexuality at all. The real issue is his history as an-unaccused child molester. He could very well be heterosexual and the situation would be no different

I second the bell's ring.

No option was suitable, but remove the homosexual part of it, choose 2. (although 4 IS pretty tempting)