An Old School Catholic Message Board

Woman Rabbi teaches Relegion at Catholic school

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

that other force is called protestantism and fressmasonry, and enlightenment thinkers.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 6 2006, 10:48 PM']that other force is called protestantism and fressmasonry, and enlightenment thinkers.
[right][snapback]905036[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
And so you admit that the Church failed at one point?

Again, why would the Church be so worldly?

It was never the goal to build a wonderful civilization on this earth, but to call all men to Christ.

Edited by Paphnutius

Brother Adam

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 6 2006, 11:22 PM']what do you mean?
[right][snapback]905008[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Judaism is not a false religion, unless you intend to say that God is a false God. The Old Testament is the story of the Israelite people. Jesus practiced the Israelite faith. The Christian faith is the fulfillment of the Jewish faith. One cannot be 'saved' practicing the Jewish faith today, because Christ has come, but it is none the less not a false religion. It is the faith of Abraham, Isaac, David, Elijah...and I don't think we can assert that they aren't in heaven!

the relegion of the Old testemant is not a false relegion. But unfourtunately (and i do not mean to be anti-semetic, or disrespectul) but the relegion of judiasm is not the same relegion it was in the old testemant. over the course of 2,000 years it has changed. most notably there is no more temple, and no more sacrifice to God. No more priesthood. no more kings, and the Talmud (which was never part of old testemant judiasm)

Brother Adam

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 6 2006, 11:59 PM']the relegion of the Old testemant is not a false relegion. But unfourtunately (and i do not mean to be anti-semetic, or disrespectul) but the relegion of judiasm is not the same relegion it was in the old testemant. over the course of 2,000 years it has changed. most notably there is no more temple, and no more sacrifice to God. No more priesthood. no more kings, and the Talmud (which was never part of old testemant judiasm)
[right][snapback]905048[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The Catholic Church has also changed through 2000 years. We no longer say mass in Aramaic. I've also read portions of the Babylonion Talmud, and while it rejects Christ, the Jewish people non-the-less remain the choosen people of God. In Johns Revelation the 144,000 are chosen from the 12 tribes. Certianly they no longer have the temple, and thus no longer have sacrifice, and the line of priests is broken, but it is not false. To assert this is anti-semetic.

no its not. It has been the opinion of the church. if it is a wrong opinion (which i believe it is not) then it is not anti-semetic in anyway. it is an opinion. Anti-semetism is the hatred of the jewish people. I harbor no hate for anyone. I am actually a bit suprised and offended that i have been accused of this.

Brother Adam

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 7 2006, 12:07 AM']no its not. It has been the opinion of the church. if it is a wrong opinion (which i believe it is not) then it is not anti-semetic in anyway. it is an opinion. Anti-semetism is the hatred of the jewish people. I harbor no hate for anyone. I am actually a bit suprised and offended that i have been accused of this.
[right][snapback]905058[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

How can you be surprised when you accuse them of believing in a false religion, the faith of their fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and David?

And I'm interested in your sources on the this 'opinion' that does not come from a heretic, schismatic, or someone such as a 'rad trad'.

read the bible. and the early church fathers. There relegion can no longer save them. From my understanding the relegion of judiasm is just the same as any other non-catholic relegion, in that it can not save anyone. Some elements of modern day judiasm can be traced to the Old testemant relegion, but the relegion has changed very much. can i accuse a protestant of beleving in a false relegion?
its really the same thing. IF one is not part of the church either by baptism of water, blood or desire one can not enter heaven. the old covenant is over.

how is your charge of anti-semetism justified?

Hmmm . . . I actually don't see any problem with this situation. I mean, I'd like to learn to think like a Jew when i read the Old Testament. I think it would help me to understand better the way that Christ taught, and maybe it could help me learn more from His teachings. Now, I would be upset if they had a Jew teaching anything *other* than the scriptures that are common to Judaism and Catholicism. But as it is . . . *shrugs* . . . i don't mind it.

but the jewish and catholic relegions interperit the scriptures differently wouldn't it be better to teach the students the catholic interpretation?

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 6 2006, 11:17 PM']but the jewish and catholic relegions interperit the scriptures differently wouldn't it be better to teach the students the catholic interpretation?
[right][snapback]905065[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]:yes:

What was veiled in the Old was revealed in the New.

Perhaps, but i'm not certain. The Jews are waiting for the savior. All we have to do is take what they learned from the Jew, and show how it was fulfilled in Christ. And they'll have a great headstart on how to understand the way that the Jews (Who wrote the scriptures) think.

well that is assuming the relegion did not change. it changed.

the jews used to believe in hell. now many do not.

many do not even believe in an afterlife or in the messiah.

[quote name='MagiDragon' date='Mar 6 2006, 11:20 PM']  All we have to do is take what they learned from the Jew, and show how it was fulfilled in Christ. [/quote]I think his point is what advantage would a modern Jew have over a Christian? We both presumably have access to the same scholarship done on the Scriptures. One could even read about the cultural heritage from a non-Jewish source.