An Old School Catholic Message Board

Just so that you know

scardella

He has a 2GB iPod nano:

[url="http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0601282.htm"]Click here[/url]

I just thought I'd let everyone know.

I don't have an iPod at all, because I am not bound to such earthly wares.

Hence, I am cooler than both of you.

TheOliverOrder88

[quote name='Noel's angel' date='Mar 9 2006, 01:22 PM']iPods are not cool
[right][snapback]907324[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Not agreed.

I dont have an Ipod but I want one.

Noel's angel

my life is filled with many other wonderful joys that I can gladly say I have never needed nor wanted an iPod

It's a great thing to have on those cross-country road trips, like the 18 hour drive from New Orleans to Steubenville....

Noel's angel

What about the nice scenery?? I'm on a crusade to prove that iPods are unnecessary and terrible things

I'm with Noel's angel... throw in cell phones and cameras to the list of things that are uncool though.

except... could you imagine the music BXVI would have on his ipod??? :woot:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Besides all that, he's the Pope, that automatically makes him cooler than all of us! No iPod needed in that competition!

Ash Wednesday

The pope's iPod was a gift. We can't hold it against him for possessing what was a gift to him. (I believe they put lots of nice classical music on there for him, like Mozart and Beethoven.) :love:

With that being said, I have a regular 20 gigabyte iPod. :D: It was either compile them on to a digital player, or attempt to cart all of my CDs overseas. The choice was easy. ;)

But you know what? I think they're a bit overrated. My cell phone can play mp3s, too... not as many, probably about a couple of albums worth, but still. If it's something someone knows they are gonna get practical use out of, go for it. If not, don't worry, you probably wouldn't miss it.

Noel's angel

I like cameras though 'cause if I see something beautiful that's a one-off, I'll be able to tresure it

I was just thinking of people who use cameras to document every moment... I'd rather just enjoy the moment even if I don't have a picture of it later ;)

but otherwise cameras are fine I suppose :cool:

Noel's angel

yeah, the annoying relative that is always taking photos of people at family gatherings....