An Old School Catholic Message Board

Just so that you know

scardella

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Noel's angel' date='Mar 9 2006, 03:12 PM']What about the nice scenery??  I'm on a crusade to prove that iPods are unnecessary and terrible things
[right][snapback]907358[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Do you have any idea how boring the scenery gets on an 18 hour car ride? You're from Ireland...how long does that take to cross?

Church Punk

I feel I pods are much better inventions than cell phones... I
hate cell phones.

And B16 is cool even without an I pod

Church Punk

if I am outside in nature I never use an Ipod or music, I love listening to the birds and sounds of nature. Its so calm I love it. Its my favorite :)

However when at work i have to have music to keep me focused.

The only time I really listen to music is when I'm working out or driving. It distracts me if I try to listen while I'm working.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Mar 9 2006, 02:10 PM']Do you have any idea how boring the scenery gets on an 18 hour car ride?  You're from Ireland...how long does that take to cross?[/quote]

It also tends to be dark during some portion of it as well...

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='scardella' date='Mar 9 2006, 04:33 PM']It also tends to be dark during some portion of it as well...
[right][snapback]907424[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
True.

[quote name='Noel's angel' date='Mar 9 2006, 12:22 PM']iPods are not cool
[right][snapback]907324[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:idontknow:

It's not the iPod (though they're beautifully engineered) ... it's the music in the iPod.

Music without having to buy a CD for $15 to get the one song you want. Music that plays without interruptions or raunchy, obnoxious DJs. Music that doesn't turn to static or fade out when you turn your head. The battery lasts... er, I don't know how long, because mine has never died before I charge it again. 12 hours? So much music you can go all day without hearing the same song twice, without having to swap anything.

[i]That's[/i] what is so cool. :cans:

[quote name='scardella' date='Mar 9 2006, 01:11 PM']It's a great thing to have on those cross-country road trips, like the 18 hour drive from New Orleans to Steubenville....
[right][snapback]907356[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Amen to that...Although I used mine for an 8 hour trip between Normal and Steubenville last year for household reunion. It was worth every penny to never hear the same song twice unless I wanted to!