Azriel Posted March 20, 2006 Author Posted March 20, 2006 Thanks Laura ... I did make it here very safely, on some pretty nifty little planes. I actually dug the take off. I called TSA, and they said as long as I had my original boarding passes, and some other id, I just make take longer to get through security. I also keep calling Detroit Metro to see if anyone turned it in. Thanks for all the prayers and stuff. (I even thought it was cool to look out the window)
HisChild Posted March 20, 2006 Posted March 20, 2006 You did it! I'm glad you did so with no aeronautical glitches. I will pray that you will find your license. . . .where's St Anthony when you need him? LOL
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted March 21, 2006 Posted March 21, 2006 My first time flying was this year going to W.Y.D. and I thought of it as a bus ride. It was way awesome. I figure, if I die, I die. But, I wasn't worried. I guess that is the type of a person I am.
Ash Wednesday Posted March 21, 2006 Posted March 21, 2006 Heya Az, just wanted to say I'm proud of you for facing that fear like that. Have a great time!
franciscanheart Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 [quote name='Azriel' date='Mar 20 2006, 03:43 PM']Thanks Laura ... I did make it here very safely, on some pretty nifty little planes. I actually dug the take off. [right][snapback]915871[/snapback][/right] [/quote] little planes are the best. take off is my favorite part too. : landing is pretty cool except then you have to get out. phooey.
Azriel Posted March 22, 2006 Author Posted March 22, 2006 Thanks Ash, and all....its been nice here in Virginia, but I'm ready to go home....its been a lot of work, and I miss my Beany girl. So, today I'm flying out at 2:30 - pray I can get on the plane without my driver's licsence, which was never turned in. Prayers the flight home goes just as well!
Tindomiel Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 [quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' date='Mar 21 2006, 01:32 PM']My first time flying was this year going to W.Y.D. [right][snapback]916586[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Mine too. I wasn't worried at all about the flight, but I was scared to death of the security.
Luthien Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 I'm flying for the first time on April 7. Frankly, I'm a little freaked out.
journeyman Posted March 23, 2006 Posted March 23, 2006 [quote name='Tindomiel' date='Mar 22 2006, 09:25 AM']Mine too. I wasn't worried at all about the flight, but I was scared to death of the security. [right][snapback]917831[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Flying is nothing to be worried about . . . it's the takeoffs and landings that kill people
littleflower+JMJ Posted March 23, 2006 Posted March 23, 2006 i'm glad you made it okay Azriel! I definitely know how ya feel since this past year I had to fly to denver (4 hours on the plane is waaay too long) and that was only my second time (my first time was flying to dallas). Its pretty nervewrecking but the main thing is to relax and trust in God! I hope you liked the view up there, its pretty awesome and quite a sight. oh and i hope they find your drivers license! I was so parnoid about mine when I rode I must have lost it 15 times! lol Ooh and I'm starting to think about plane rides since I'm flying out to California next week myself!!!
Tindomiel Posted March 23, 2006 Posted March 23, 2006 [quote name='journeyman' date='Mar 22 2006, 09:36 PM']Flying is nothing to be worried about . . . it's the takeoffs and landings that kill people [right][snapback]918523[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I meant the security people... I did [i]not[/i] want that metal detector to go off.
Azriel Posted March 23, 2006 Author Posted March 23, 2006 I made it home! And, I'm now an experienced flier, having been up four times in three days. Never found my license, so when I came home yesterday, I had to go through secondary security, which Meant I got the full pat down, and had my carry on doubly searched, and swabbed for chemicals, et al. Left at 12:30 for the airport in VA, and got in at 8, last night in Detroit. A long, long day. But, I'm ready to go again. Trust me, I was scared to death to go ... but it really was pretty cool. You all really helped that a lot! Thanks again for all the prayers, advice and well wishes ....
franciscanheart Posted March 23, 2006 Posted March 23, 2006 [quote name='Luthien' date='Mar 23 2006, 11:35 AM']Can people pray for me now? [right][snapback]919002[/snapback][/right] [/quote] mhmm.
Lil Red Posted March 23, 2006 Posted March 23, 2006 [quote name='Luthien' date='Mar 23 2006, 10:35 AM']Can people pray for me now? [right][snapback]919002[/snapback][/right] [/quote] yup!
Azriel Posted March 23, 2006 Author Posted March 23, 2006 Absolutely will be praying for you kiddo - I know the fear - but, promise, you will be fine. Close your eyes! Breathe deep, and when you open them, you'll be up in the air!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now