OLAM Dad Posted March 17, 2006 Posted March 17, 2006 The doctor ordered your wife to eat one egg a day??? Bizarre.
homeschoolmom Posted March 17, 2006 Posted March 17, 2006 An egg a day keeps the boogyman away... Don't you know anything?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 17, 2006 Posted March 17, 2006 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 16 2006, 08:20 PM']Would eggs be considered a meat product? Teresa is suppose to eat one a day via docs orders, but can she not eat them on Friday? [right][snapback]913545[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Additionally, health reasons can exempt you. I'm not sure if pregnancy in general counts, but doctor's orders do. She can eat meat, too, if the doctor says so. Of course, I'd recommend another devotion to take its place.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted March 17, 2006 Posted March 17, 2006 Hey, unless you want to go on a black fast, then it's a-okay
OLAM Dad Posted March 18, 2006 Posted March 18, 2006 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Mar 17 2006, 08:42 AM']An egg a day keeps the boogyman away... Don't you know anything? [right][snapback]913800[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Oh. I was assuming that she was prescribed one egg a day for medical reasons. If it's just the tried and true 'one egg a day helps keep the boogeyman away' prescription then it makes perfect sense.
homeschoolmom Posted March 18, 2006 Posted March 18, 2006 II would think it would be pretty plentiful down there...
Theoketos Posted March 19, 2006 Posted March 19, 2006 Even if an egg were meat, if the Doc said she should do it, then even in Lent she should do it.
ReinnieR Posted March 19, 2006 Posted March 19, 2006 the others abstain from dairy and eggs all the days of lent
Cow of Shame Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 (edited) [quote name='Paladin' date='Mar 16 2006, 11:13 PM']That's why you can eat capybara during Lent. It's a rodent from South America, but it lives in the water, and when missionaries sent the pope a letter asking if they could eat it on Friday, the pope figured "Well, it's got scaley skin and lives in the water, I say fish," so he gave it his blessing. [/quote] Except it doesn't have scaly skin... [img]http://torque.oncloud8.com/archives/images/capyberas.jpg[/img] Can you eat chupacabra during Lent? Edited March 22, 2006 by Cow of Shame
homeschoolmom Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 The idea of eathing that thing gives me the creeps...
Cow of Shame Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Mar 21 2006, 11:25 PM']The idea of eathing that thing gives me the creeps... [right][snapback]917402[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Can't be any worse than eating guinea pigs.
homeschoolmom Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 Yeah, I wouldn't eat them either. But I understand that in South America, deep-fried guinea pig is a delicacy....
Sojourner Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 I think as long as you didn't know what you were eating, you'd be fine.
homeschoolmom Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 [img]http://www.yourtravelsource.com/db_102_02261.jpg[/img] Deep fried guinea pig
Sojourner Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 I've never seen a guinea pig that big. Or maybe I've just never seen one skinned, gutted, breaded, and fried.
morostheos Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 [quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Mar 21 2006, 09:56 PM']Can you eat chupacabra during Lent? [right][snapback]917269[/snapback][/right] [/quote] If you try to eat chupacabra during lent HE WILL EAT YOU!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Mar 22 2006, 10:25 AM']Or maybe I've just never seen one skinned, gutted, breaded, and fried. [right][snapback]917697[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Oh no, I think they leave the guts in...tastier that way, you see...
StColette Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 [quote name='Raphael' date='Mar 22 2006, 08:58 AM']Oh no, I think they leave the guts in...tastier that way, you see... [right][snapback]917754[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now