brendan1104 Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 [url="http://cgi.ebay.com/POPE-PIUS-X-vestment-ZUCCHETTO-Cap-RELIC-AUTHENTIC_W0QQitemZ6264509440QQcategoryZ13770QQssP%20ageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.com/POPE-PIUS-X-vestment-Z...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url] Slobber slobber.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 i hope a good person gets it who will give it to the Church.
Guest Rick777 Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 Whoever ends up with it can walk around thier house with it on.
HisChild Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 [quote name='Rick777' date='Mar 21 2006, 06:19 PM']Whoever ends up with it can walk around thier house with it on. [right][snapback]917124[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Why would anyone want to do that? I'd keep it in the little glass case.
HisChild Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 Hmmmm. . ..I DO have a wee bit of extra cash left over from the sale of my house. . .. .the monastery could use a nice lil relic!
Guest Rick777 Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 [quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Mar 21 2006, 05:22 PM']Why would anyone want to do that? I'd keep it in the little glass case. [right][snapback]917129[/snapback][/right] [/quote] lol. just joking. I would be hesitant to buy it, it's invaluable.
HisChild Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 Uh. . .no. I'd give it to our monastery especially given the price. I wonder though, who this person is, who's buying it. I pray they're RC.
Guest Rick777 Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 I suspect it will be somebody who appreciates its real value.
Era Might Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 [quote name='Rick777' date='Mar 21 2006, 08:19 PM']Whoever ends up with it can walk around thier house with it on. [right][snapback]917124[/snapback][/right] [/quote] LOL That would be hilarious. Kinda like when George tried to get fired by wearing Babe Ruth's uniform, and spilled strawberries on it.
HisChild Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 [quote name='Era Might' date='Mar 21 2006, 06:34 PM']LOL That would be hilarious. Kinda like when George tried to get fired by wearing Babe Ruth's uniform, and spilled strawberries on it. [right][snapback]917156[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
brendan1104 Posted March 22, 2006 Author Posted March 22, 2006 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 21 2006, 08:25 PM']give it to an indult church. [right][snapback]917134[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Give it to his Society...
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 (edited) i was going to say that but i knew the answer would be a no. you should give it to the SSPX as an Ecumenical Gesture Edited March 22, 2006 by Extra ecclesiam nulla salus
HisChild Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 Uh, no. It wasn't founded by him. . .In all charity, I would want to keep something of the Holy Catholic Church, within our Church. Just would make more sense. Now, if there were to be reconciliation. . . .that's a different story.
jswranch Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 Canon law has some very strong wording against selling of relics. I read somewhere that you can only buy relics to save them from destruction, but never bid on them in an auction, as auctions raise the price.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 On June 24, 1968, at the Vatican, Paul VI delivers to a Monophysite Copt delegation, the head of the Evangelist St. Mark that had been kept in Venice for centuries. Above left, Paul VI receives a manuscript from the delegation. Above right, the official act of delivering the head of St. Mark. Below, at the inauguration of the Copt cathedral of Cairo on June 25, their leader Kyrillus VI carries the head of the Evangelist. [img]http://www.traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/Images/085_HeadStMark03.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/Images/085_HeadStMark01.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/Images/085_HeadStMark02.jpg[/img] if the Pope can give a first class relic to heretics you can give a 2nd class relic to the SSPX.
Guest Rick777 Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 Hey i forgot about that......is it okay to be doing this. (BTW I like ur avavtar jswranch)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now