Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm not that generous with my money (that's supposed to be brought with me to enter the monastery in case I need to go to the doctor etc.). . .I'll send a letter of to B 16 and ask him to fork over the dough. ;) I'm sure he'll call me up pronto!

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Posted

Not with that Attitude he Won't! :lol:

Posted

[quote name='jswranch' date='Mar 21 2006, 06:43 PM']Canon law has some very strong wording against selling of relics. 

I read somewhere that you can only buy relics to save them from destruction, but never bid on them in an auction, as auctions raise the price.
[right][snapback]917177[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


Well, if it's to save them from a questionable bidder, then yes, I'd bid. . . however, as for the sellers? Who knows who they are. I see who the relic was given to in the first place, but now? :idontknow:

Posted

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 21 2006, 06:47 PM']Not with that Attitude he Won't!  :lol:
[right][snapback]917186[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

And which attitude is that, exactly? You're asking me to use my money to purchase a relic for a schismatic organization. :blink: Yea. . .let me get right on that.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Posted

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Mar 21 2006, 07:49 PM']And which attitude is that, exactly?  You're asking me to use my money to purchase a relic for a schismatic organization.  :blink:  Yea. . .let me get right on that.
[right][snapback]917191[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


im not asking anything......i was joking.

Posted

The head of St. Mark?!?!

Catholicism gets weirder by the minute... :blink: :P:

Keyser Soze
Posted

I'm not sure I like the fact that relics are being auctioned on the internet.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

I :love: Pius X!

beata_virgo_maria
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Era Might' date='Mar 21 2006, 05:51 PM']The head of St. Mark?!?!

Catholicism gets weirder by the minute... :blink:  :P:
[right][snapback]917194[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It's really sad, there seems to be relics of the true cross and other first class relics constantly on ebay, for anyone to buy.

[i]edit: oops wrong quote![/i]

Edited by beata_virgo_maria
Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 21 2006, 08:43 PM']On June 24, 1968, at the Vatican, Paul VI delivers to a Monophysite Copt delegation,
the head of the Evangelist St. Mark that had been kept in Venice for centuries.

Above left, Paul VI receives a manuscript from the delegation.
Above right, the official act of delivering the head of St. Mark.

Below, at the inauguration of the Copt cathedral of Cairo on June 25,
their leader Kyrillus VI carries the head of the Evangelist.
[img]http://www.traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/Images/085_HeadStMark03.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/Images/085_HeadStMark01.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/Images/085_HeadStMark02.jpg[/img]
if the Pope can give a first class relic to heretics you can give a 2nd class relic to the SSPX.
[right][snapback]917181[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

One should specify that while monophysitism is clearly a heresy, the terminology for "nature" (physis) evolved over time and it is considered largely possible that the early monophysites and the diphysites actually believed the same thing, but that they couldn't agree on the terminology and therefore didn't understand one another properly.

Posted

How did the seller get the item?

Posted

There is actually a "relic" section of Ebay? Wow. Interesting..

[url="http://collectibles.listings.ebay.com/Christianity_Relics_W0QQfclZ3QQfromZR11QQsacatZ13770QQsocmdZListingItemList"]http://collectibles.listings.ebay.com/Chri...ListingItemList[/url]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...