Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Catholic Colleges


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

+

The University of St. Thomas, Catholic Studies is excellent -totally orthodox! Most students double major with another department, but it's certainly not required. It is a beautiful campus of 8,000 students in St. Paul, MN with an AMAZING study-abroad program in Rome. The university orthodoxy as a whole, has some difficulties in the administration. However, there is a huge group (hundreds+) of super-orthodox students connected with Catholic Studies and St. John Vianney Minor Seminary and they are making MAJOR waves including perpetual student-run adoration. We have AWESOME priests, who are really supportive and I think positive changes will continue to manifest.

[url="http://www.stthomas.edu/cathstudies/"]http://www.stthomas.edu/cathstudies/[/url]

Blessings!

(as evidence, we've had graduates enter the Nashville Dominicans the last four years in addition to the Sisters of Life, CFR's, Carmelites of the Sacred Heart, Charismatic Franciscans, Sisters of Mary etc. & our undergraduate seminary at: [url="http://www.vianney.net/"]http://www.vianney.net/[/url] is the largest in the country + tons of holy marriages!)

Praise God!

Edited by Veritas
Posted

+

I'd also send my kids (if I had any), to Thomas Aquinas in California:

[url="http://www.thomasaquinas.edu/"]http://www.thomasaquinas.edu/[/url]

Or, if they knew they wanted to study history or philosophy or any of the subsequent genres, I'd send them straight to one of the pontifical institutions in Rome i.e. Santa Croce, the Ang, or the Greg:

[url="http://www.asc.urbe.it/inglese/homepage_ing.html"]http://www.asc.urbe.it/inglese/homepage_ing.html[/url]
[url="http://www.angelicum.org/"]http://www.angelicum.org/[/url]
[url="http://www.unigre.it/"]http://www.unigre.it/[/url]

If they were dead-set on a "traditional" American school, I'd send them to Franciscan, Christendom, Magdalene, Ave Maria, or CUA.

[url="http://www.franciscan.edu/home2/Content/main.aspx"]http://www.franciscan.edu/home2/Content/main.aspx[/url]
[url="http://www.christendom.edu/"]http://www.christendom.edu/[/url]
[url="http://www.magdalen.edu/"]http://www.magdalen.edu/[/url]
[url="http://www.naples.avemaria.edu/"]http://www.naples.avemaria.edu/[/url]
[url="http://www.cua.edu/"]http://www.cua.edu/[/url]

ForHimAlone
Posted

Anyone know anything about St. Mary's University in Winona, Minnesota?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...