Paladin Posted March 27, 2006 Author Posted March 27, 2006 [quote name='Ave Maria Totus Tuus' date='Mar 27 2006, 10:55 AM']Anyone doing anything special on the Anniversary of his death? like a Rosary at your parish or something? [right][snapback]923627[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Our diocese is having a Lenten youth retreat on that day where he will be honored.
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 27, 2006 Posted March 27, 2006 I've edited out the negative comments/criticisms of Pope JP II. Lets keep this thread the way Paladin intended, shall we?
Cam42 Posted March 27, 2006 Posted March 27, 2006 [quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Mar 27 2006, 01:57 AM']are you seriously 13 like your profile says? Am I right in assuming that you think you have any idea about life beyond puberty? I swear, these young kids gettin' all apostate and junk. Confounded Internet. [right][snapback]923387[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Careful, he might get mad at you if you call out the fact that he is a wee lad of 13.
franciscanheart Posted March 27, 2006 Posted March 27, 2006 i got an email saying that parishes are trying to schedule adoration during the divine mercy hour on that day. he was attached to that prayer and of course to Christ in the Eucharist so that will be a very special way to remember him.
Cam42 Posted March 27, 2006 Posted March 27, 2006 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Mar 27 2006, 08:54 AM']*Takes Tommy's gameboy away* You're not getting this back for a while little mister!! [right][snapback]923493[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Don't call Tommy; Tommy. He get mad at that.....you know....Tommy doesn't like it. He sure isn't like Mikey. Mikey will eat anything.
franciscanheart Posted March 27, 2006 Posted March 27, 2006 [quote name='StThomasMore' date='Mar 26 2006, 11:26 PM']Oh, your royal highness, the princess of phatmass, just because I knew no other pope does not mean i cant READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways, Paul VI was an even worse Pope, and I presume that JPI was also not very excellent. [right][snapback]923263[/snapback][/right] [/quote] [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Mar 27 2006, 07:39 AM']What is this, Bring Your Trad Kids to the Phorum Day on phatmass? Good Dog Almighty. I'd say more but I don't have the energy. God bless the pope. I remember last year not too long before he died he held the crucifix and meditated on it so lovingly while Ratzinger recited the stations of the cross. I think he would reach the kingdom of heaven far before anyone on this board. Especially the prideful. You know who you are. [right][snapback]923489[/snapback][/right] [/quote] i echo ash and everyone else who has spoken out on the disrespectfulness of the first quoted post to which i have responded.
Brother Adam Posted March 27, 2006 Posted March 27, 2006 [img]http://www.catholic-heritage.net/papal_visit/images/pv-f1109.jpg[/img] I miss Papa [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41016000/jpg/_41016795_altpopeafp_220.jpg[/img] I really miss Papa.
Noel's angel Posted March 27, 2006 Posted March 27, 2006 sigh. He was a great man. Ooh, my Granny bought me this amazing book of his life in pictures. Leather-bound with gold-edged pages. I love it
Brother Adam Posted March 27, 2006 Posted March 27, 2006 I have a DVD from Opus Dei of John Paul II's addresses to College Students that I'm going to bring to school. It has several clips of the Vatican 'clowns' performing in front of the Pope and a university audience and the Pope is laughing sooo hard. It's such a joy to see.
Paladin Posted March 27, 2006 Author Posted March 27, 2006 [url="http://img147.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc2&image=81317_popebig.jpg"][img]http://img147.imagevenue.com/loc2/th_81317_popebig.jpg[/img][/url]
Brother Adam Posted March 27, 2006 Posted March 27, 2006 [quote name='Noel's angel' date='Mar 27 2006, 11:42 AM']sigh. He was a great man. Ooh, my Granny bought me this amazing book of his life in pictures. Leather-bound with gold-edged pages. I love it [right][snapback]923698[/snapback][/right] [/quote] oooh what book is it?
Anthony Posted March 27, 2006 Posted March 27, 2006 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 26 2006, 10:57 PM'][mod] edited out STMs quoted post -- IPKRS[/mod] all a canonization means is that he is in heaven. I (bye no means) believe John Paul II is in hell, so i think he will be canonized. [right][snapback]923234[/snapback][/right] [/quote] There is more to the canonization process that knowing one is in heaven. We know there in heaven if they have been canonized on the other hand.
Anthony Posted March 27, 2006 Posted March 27, 2006 [quote name='StThomasMore' date='Mar 26 2006, 11:22 PM']ok, my heart has been softened. [mod] *edited*negative criticism of JPII -- ice princess [/mod] I think he was a kind man who made many mistakes. He would have been very "grandfatherly" if I would have ever met him. I remember visiting Rome 3 years back and attending his papal audience... good times, good times. [right][snapback]923254[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Can I go on a rant now. I am deeply hurt by your comments. If I didn't have any dignity, I would be cursing up a storm right now . You are out of line to judge somebody like that, especially John Paul the Great. He was a amazing holy father and I miss him with all of my heart.
Noel's angel Posted March 27, 2006 Posted March 27, 2006 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 27 2006, 04:44 PM']oooh what book is it? [right][snapback]923702[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I'll take a picture of it in a mo'
Seven77 Posted March 27, 2006 Posted March 27, 2006 ive seen that on EWTN ...great stuff [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 27 2006, 10:42 AM']I have a DVD from Opus Dei of John Paul II's addresses to College Students that I'm going to bring to school. It has several clips of the Vatican 'clowns' performing in front of the Pope and a university audience and the Pope is laughing sooo hard. It's such a joy to see. [right][snapback]923699[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted March 27, 2006 Posted March 27, 2006 an interesting fact. i was reading one of George Wiegel's books (george is a native Baltimoron.) anyway, he said when Pope Pius XII died everyone said "there will never be a pope like Pius XII again. He was so nice and loving" it kind of reminds me of John Paul II.
Brother Adam Posted March 27, 2006 Posted March 27, 2006 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 27 2006, 03:48 PM']an interesting fact. i was reading one of George Wiegel's books (george is a native Baltimoron.) anyway, he said when Pope Pius XII died everyone said "there will never be a pope like Pius XII again. He was so nice and loving" it kind of reminds me of John Paul II. [right][snapback]924004[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I wouldn't call John Paul II "nice". How much of JPII have you read? Love and Responsibility? Sources of Renewal: The Implimentation of Vatican II? At least a few of his major encyclicals I can assume right? Theology of the Body? Catechesis on the Creed? He was not perfect. He made some mistakes in his pontificate, but he was an amazing man of God, a very ecumenical pope, paving the way for immense healing and bringing many people back to the Catholic faith. He had a heart for Christ, to bring people into intimacy with Him and with His Blessed Mother. Of course, if I ever think a Pope didn't do a very good job, I just think about how bad I would screw it up if I were Pope. In the least, we know that he was choosen by the Holy Spirit to lead our flock and I have little doubt he will be a doctor of the Church and known as Great.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now