Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

When he died it felt like losing someone very close to your heart. It really felt, well idk it's hard to explain... :idontknow:

Posted

i know what you speak of...it's hard to explain how i felt

Posted

I cried so hard...

Posted

[quote name='ReinnieR' date='Mar 27 2006, 08:54 PM']
[right][snapback]924458[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:bump: for Pope John Paut II the Great

Laurentina1975
Posted

[quote name='Sailahína' date='Mar 28 2006, 05:29 PM']When he died it felt like losing someone very close to your heart. It really felt, well idk it's hard to explain... :idontknow:
[right][snapback]925756[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


I was at last years Institute on Religious life, I cried in the chapel when Papa died...I still cry when I think of it. He is with Jesus.

Posted (edited)

I was at a pre- WYD retreat, when the parish priest came in and announced that JPII had just died. Everybody started crying, and we had all prayed for a while. It was so sad. And I had wanted so much to see him at WYD. :sadder: Pope Benedict is awesome though. A really worthy successor to the papacy.

Edited by Tindomiel
Laurentina1975
Posted

It's almost like: Where were you at 9-11?

Posted

[img]http://www.risefan.com/JPII.jpg[/img]

I took this picture next to the Cathedral in Cologne Germany this summer at World Youth Day....we walked past this image (which is a mosaic made up of a zillion little pictures of people) every day...it always made me reflect on how much John Paul II meant to me and the Church......

Posted

[quote name='Mike B' date='Mar 29 2006, 10:48 AM'][img]http://www.risefan.com/JPII.jpg[/img]

I took this picture next to the Cathedral in Cologne Germany this summer at World Youth Day....we walked past this image (which is a mosaic made up of a zillion little pictures of people) every day...it always made me reflect on how much John Paul II meant to me and the Church......
[right][snapback]926757[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]Yeah, and remember all the people who stayed up all night long chanting "JPII we love you!" ?

Posted

[quote]Yeah, and remember all the people who stayed up all night long chanting "JPII we love you!" ?[/quote]

yep,,,,the whole experience was life changing for me and the band,,,we're looking forward to Sydney in 2008!

Ash Wednesday
Posted

I don't care what people say. He was our papa, and a good pope. :sadder:

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

Amen to that Ash.

Thank you to everyone to has stayed on topic. I appreciate each and every one of you. :)

Noel's angel
Posted

awww, those cartoons :sadder:

Posted

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Mar 29 2006, 07:32 AM']It's almost like: Where were you at 9-11?
[right][snapback]926671[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i was watching it fall

Posted

[quote name='Mike B' date='Mar 29 2006, 08:48 AM'][img]http://www.risefan.com/JPII.jpg[/img]

I took this picture next to the Cathedral in Cologne Germany this summer at World Youth Day....we walked past this image (which is a mosaic made up of a zillion little pictures of people) every day...it always made me reflect on how much John Paul II meant to me and the Church......
[right][snapback]926757[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i think i'm in one them

i'm that airman hugging that girl.

Posted

[quote name='ReinnieR' date='Mar 29 2006, 10:57 AM']i think i'm in one them

i'm that airman hugging that girl.
[right][snapback]926962[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
it might work better if i provided a link

[url="http://www.thank-you-jpii.net/mosaic/mosaik.asp?tile=042f4f956af9db&size=xl&static=1"]http://www.thank-you-jpii.net/mosaic/mosai...ize=xl&static=1[/url]

Posted

Was anyone from PM in St. Louis in 1999 when JPII visited??

Posted

"Look at the new threads they gave me, Lolek"

[img]http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2604/2386/400/tomb.jpg[/img]

Brother Adam
Posted

[quote name='Era Might' date='Mar 29 2006, 01:39 PM']"Look at the new threads they gave me, Lolek"

[img]http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2604/2386/400/tomb.jpg[/img]
[right][snapback]927178[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...