ReinnieR Posted March 28, 2006 Posted March 28, 2006 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Mar 28 2006, 10:10 AM']I don't think it was done to address his age. I think it was done, repeatedly, to provoke anger. [right][snapback]925040[/snapback][/right] [/quote] it was done because what he said was offensive and hurtful. the things he say about our holy father really hurts me. But i brush it off act like it's not a big deal. But really it is a big deal. He is the Vicar of Christ i could've came back with something much worse. if he said something offensive to me before i came back to the church, i probobly would've threaten his life. But now i grew up, i came back to the church, i am learning virtues and praying for them. i don't think what i said to him was uncharitable. i am an adult he needs to treat me like one. i am a veteran i deserve some respect. like cmom said "respect is earned" i think i've earned that. i end up having to prove it over and over again that i've earned it.
ReinnieR Posted March 28, 2006 Posted March 28, 2006 [quote name='prose' date='Mar 28 2006, 10:52 AM']Just for the record: I was not referring to either of those members when I said that there was one person on pm that drove me I was referring to someone else that I have butted heads with. This isn't all about them. [right][snapback]925109[/snapback][/right] [/quote] i'm sorry for driving you
Cow of Shame Posted March 28, 2006 Posted March 28, 2006 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Mar 28 2006, 12:59 PM']on the bright side you weren't butting hats with them whew [right][snapback]925114[/snapback][/right] [/quote] is that like bumping uglies?
ReinnieR Posted March 28, 2006 Posted March 28, 2006 [quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Mar 28 2006, 12:10 PM']is that like bumping uglies? [right][snapback]925222[/snapback][/right] [/quote] this guy
homeschoolmom Posted March 28, 2006 Posted March 28, 2006 [quote name='ReinnieR' date='Mar 28 2006, 12:36 PM']i don't think what i said to him was uncharitable. i am an adult he needs to treat me like one. i am a veteran i deserve some respect. like cmom said "respect is earned" [right][snapback]925153[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Is calling someone names the way you earn respect?
Ash Wednesday Posted March 28, 2006 Posted March 28, 2006 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 28 2006, 09:35 AM']under the guise that "charity is not being nice". [right][snapback]924979[/snapback][/right] [/quote] My favorite term used when people do this is when they use the term "fraternal correction" (or paternal... you choose!) Someone on the blogs pointed this out once and it really made me laugh because it was so true. Someone (not a church scholar) used that once to me on here quite a long time ago, and I was totally amazed by their blatant arrogance. Ever since then, I tend to equate the term "fraternal/paternal correction" as a code word for just being an . I realize I'm biased when I say that, though, and this being the internet there can be misunderstandings. I haven't seen the term used a lot on here aside from that one incident, but I see it used a lot among other people on the Catholic and schismatic parts of the web. It would seem that cowardice and ruthless arrogance can both occur under the guise of charity...
ReinnieR Posted March 28, 2006 Posted March 28, 2006 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Mar 28 2006, 12:33 PM']Is calling someone names the way you earn respect? [right][snapback]925334[/snapback][/right] [/quote] i admit that's where i was wrong. i couldn't sit back and just watch him say these things about our holy father.
toledo_jesus Posted March 28, 2006 Posted March 28, 2006 [quote name='MC Just' date='Mar 28 2006, 05:29 PM']i wish politics would be banned from phatmass. [right][snapback]925641[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
MC Just Posted March 28, 2006 Posted March 28, 2006 I say that because its like the only thing that really divides Catholics, especially on phatmass. Its sad I dont like debating with fellow catholics.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted March 28, 2006 Posted March 28, 2006 [quote name='catholicinsd' date='Mar 28 2006, 11:12 AM']People leave EENS ans St.thomas alone! EENS & St.Thomas, stop acting like hot stuff. [right][snapback]925045[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Im not "hot stuff" but for the sake of argument i will stop acting "like hot stuff" when you stop going to lifeteen masses.
Azriel Posted March 28, 2006 Posted March 28, 2006 [quote name='Lil Red' date='Mar 28 2006, 04:31 PM']bigger *le sigh* [right][snapback]925764[/snapback][/right] [/quote] ditto...
Socrates Posted March 29, 2006 Posted March 29, 2006 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Mar 28 2006, 08:25 AM']No one actually believes that I can give Tommy a time out or take away his gameboy. It is a light hearted way of saying "This kid is twelve. Take his offensive opinions with a grain of salt" There is nothing humiliating about it. Nor is there any intent to humiliate the boy. But visitors who read his posts and do not know anything about Tommy need to be shown that Tommy's opinions are not taken seriously by those who frequent here. [/quote] Yeah, I think it's best to take the posts of twelve-year-old kids and cranky old liberals with a big grain of salt.
prose Posted March 29, 2006 Posted March 29, 2006 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Mar 28 2006, 03:41 PM']You left out Lifeteen. [right][snapback]925654[/snapback][/right] [/quote] lol Yup, that was the debate of the hour when I joined!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now