An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Greatest Sin of "Deal or No Deal"

Mateo el Feo

It is a great sin that "Deal or No Deal" promotes...  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

homeschoolmom

Definately promotes all of the above in various degrees. The worst of which, of course, is Howie...

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Apr 4 2006, 08:29 PM']I hate the cheesey calls from the "banker."
[right][snapback]935788[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

He is evil, isn't he? Back in the shadows like that...

Of course if I had his job, I'd totally be making shadow puppets

homeschoolmom

Me too.... I think they should have guest star bankers...

"Tonight, our banker will be played by... From TV's CHiPs, Erik Estrada!"

Then we wouldn't see or hear from him again for the rest of the episode...

1337 k4th0l1x0r

Gluttony, because I sit in front of the TV watching this show while eating pork rinds, ice cream, and tacos, so very tasty and good for you,.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Apr 4 2006, 06:20 PM']Howie's the bestest part of the show[right][snapback]935780[/snapback][/right][/quote]the best and the worst at the same time, i think :ohno:

God's Errand Girl

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Apr 4 2006, 04:38 PM']I love the show
[right][snapback]935575[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

hot stuff,

Could you shed some light on the appeal of this show? Frankly, it seems boring to me. But since I'd like to understand your point of view, please enlighten me.

[quote name='God's Errand Girl' date='Apr 6 2006, 08:04 PM']hot stuff,

Could you shed some light on the appeal of this show?  Frankly, it seems boring to me.  But since I'd like to understand your point of view, please enlighten me.
[right][snapback]938082[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well part of the appeal is the blatant tugs at the heart strings.

The other thing is that Howie Mandell was diagnosed with OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and is a severe germaphobe. I've heard him interviewed about it. He used to (and probably still) wear gloves and refused to shake hands with anyone. Now he's getting hugged by total strangers.

I spend half my time watching his reaction!

God's Errand Girl

I understand the "heart strings" thing because I have thought, as I watched the show, "Man, what kind of stress must those contestants be going through." There is some clear "messing with emotions" stuff that Howie does. And he strangely seems to take pleasure in it sometimes.

I admit, I did watch the show this week, after I saw some phatmass posts about Howie being OCD. I was curious to see if I could pick up on anything. Nothing was definitive, though.

I have seen the light! Sort of...

I am just sick of game shows and tv that showcases more mediocrity and less and less meaning or specialness.