Balthazor Posted April 10, 2006 Posted April 10, 2006 your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!
Maria Posted April 10, 2006 Posted April 10, 2006 Someone my brother met... maybe someone who goes to school with him met a nice couple on a plane. The couple was absolutely clueless... thought we live in igloos and all that (as in Talking to Americans) and so the guy had fun leading them on a bit. Maybe that was a little cruel, though, since it would have confirmed mistaken impressions. BTW, our spelling is correct, not the American spelling. Not because our spelling is better, but because it's the spelling that developed when spelling was invented. So there.
Balthazor Posted April 10, 2006 Posted April 10, 2006 Hmmmm.......I know a lot of people who are completely clueless. But I have to say that they are my better in so many more important ways than spelling and grammar......
shortnun Posted April 10, 2006 Posted April 10, 2006 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Apr 7 2006, 10:49 AM'][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/LausTibiChriste/illinoisundiewears.jpg[/img] [right][snapback]938956[/snapback][/right] [/quote] [quote name='Era Might' date='Apr 7 2006, 12:22 PM'][img]http://photos7.flickr.com/11451840_29fb808fb9.jpg[/img] [right][snapback]939080[/snapback][/right] [/quote] [quote name='prose' date='Apr 7 2006, 12:35 PM']Most american don't know what a toque is (I mean for the winter). Nor where Nunavut is. [right][snapback]939105[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I know where Nunavut is!!!!! Seriously, I learned about in in Anthropology. I wanted to go there and visit, but it'd be too expensive.
Didacus Posted April 10, 2006 Posted April 10, 2006 I think those who see bigotry and malicious intent in these threads (the french and the american one) are tyring a little too hard to find faults here. We hafve to laugh a little at ourselves sometimes right? A lot of Canadien jokes on this thread, I laughed it all off. I read nothing offensive in the french thread either - htough some terms where a little misplaced or misused (aka, 'le smell of elderberries' comment), but overall, I did not find any comment of malicious intent. Now back to making fun of America! anyone hear this little snipert before? Believe it or not...this is the transcript of an actual radio conversation between a US naval ship and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995. The Radio conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on Oct. 10, 1995. US Ship: Please divert your course 0.5 degrees to the south to avoid a collision. CND reply: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision. US Ship: This is the Captain of a US Navy Ship. I say again, divert your course. CND reply: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course! US Ship: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS CORAL SEA*, WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!! CND reply: This is a lighthouse. Your call.
Peccator Posted April 10, 2006 Posted April 10, 2006 Here's another good one: [img]http://www.shiar.org/info/worldusa.gif[/img] Just a little bit of fun, you all do know I really do love you!
ardillacid Posted April 10, 2006 Author Posted April 10, 2006 I think someone already posted that one
Church Punk Posted April 10, 2006 Posted April 10, 2006 Ok my turn to have a go at this: Its called a touque, not a toboggan... A toboggan is a wooden sled you slide down the hill on in the winter. There are 25.4 mm in 1 inch, 3.28084 feet in 1 meter and its 1.6 km in 1 mile. When the rest of the world tells you its 30° outside they dont mean its cold!.... Here maybe this will help °C = (°F – 32) / 1.8 Sommer-teeth is not attractive. (Some are there, some are not). Pronouce all of your words when you speak. Its YOU's GUY's not YALL. Its IS NOT not Ain't. Grits can not be considered an entire meal! Its spelled COLOUR not COLOR, LABOUR not LABOR, and CENTRE not CENTER.
jasJis Posted April 10, 2006 Posted April 10, 2006 [quote name='Shawn' date='Apr 8 2006, 06:50 PM']This thread is just an excuse for the expression of prejudice and bigotry. Unless phatmass also intends having threads for making fun of blacks, jews or other nations it should be stopped. [right][snapback]940375[/snapback][/right] [/quote]Some people were asked by God what kind of humor they wanted. Shawn wasn't paying attention and thought God said 'tumor' so he asked for a small benign one.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now