homeschoolmom Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 If it weren't such a small segment, I'd be flattered.
Fidei Defensor Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 Cam, you're my favorite really smart person here
jasJis Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 [quote name='Colleen' date='Apr 16 2006, 05:02 PM']Yeah, there were tons of people like that at my church last night. It was really hard to pray. There weren't just a few talkers; there was a dull roar of people laughing, talking, joking, generally acting as though they were waiting for a movie to begin. (Actually, it seems quieter before movies than in this instance.) One woman ahead of us was asked to be an Extraordinary Minister just after she had been making fun of plenary indulgences with her daughters, who were sitting with her. I hope most of it is just ignorance on their part, but it really is sad when people fail to realize where they are. It's as if people have lost all sense of the sacredness of silence. And I wasn't the only one bothered. My seven-year-old brother whispered to me that the people sitting around us needed to go to the crying room. From the mouths of babes. [right][snapback]949532[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Then why go to Mass?
avemaria40 Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 To receive Jesus in the Eucharist and give God the worship He is due
jgirl Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 [quote]Wearing Pants has always been condemned by the Church, including in the Summa. Reply to Objection 3. As stated in the foregoing Article, outward apparel should be consistent with the estate of the person, according to the general custom. Hence it is in itself sinful for a woman to wear man's clothes, or vice versa; especially since this may be a cause of sensuous pleasure; and it is expressly forbidden in the Law (Dt. 22) because the Gentiles used to practice this change of attire for the purpose of idolatrous superstition. Nevertheless this may be done sometimes without sin on account of some necessity, either in order to hide oneself from enemies, or through lack of other clothes, or for some similar motive[/quote] I don't wear men's pants; I only wear women's pants. It's kind of like how Scottish men aren't condemned by the Church for wearing kilts.
sweetpea316 Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 [quote name='Cam42' date='Apr 16 2006, 05:32 PM']Becky, I wouldn't. Love, Cam42 P.S. You're my favorite here.....(next to hot stuff of course) Happy Easter. [right][snapback]949607[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Thanks Cam. You're totally on my favorites list too. Happy Easter!!!
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 (edited) [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Apr 16 2006, 06:17 PM']I hate it when children disobey their parents. Or when they say that they are disobeying their parents, but they just want attention. [right][snapback]949570[/snapback][/right] [/quote] yup thats me. im starving for attention! why don't you love me? [sarcasm] you should come up with something better than insulting me with lies. I hope you know that its a mortal sin.... [quote name='Cam42' date='Apr 16 2006, 06:19 PM']You have a lot to learn. Stop with this line of reasoning.... *I will run circles around you, slapping you on the back of the head as you swing at me missing......* Your level of Catholic education is sorely lacking. [right][snapback]949572[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Neo-Catholicism. Find me a council or a saint BEFORE vatican II that said the Jews were not cursed. Edited April 17, 2006 by Extra ecclesiam nulla salus
homeschoolmom Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 Where am I lying? Did you or did you not start a thread this morning saying that you were not allowed to post here and doing so was a direct defiance of your parents? If that is not the truth (ie they didn't say you couldn't post here) than what was your reason for starting that thread?
Fidei Defensor Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Apr 16 2006, 07:50 PM']yup thats me. im starving for attention! why don't you love me? [sarcasm] you should come up with something better than insulting me with lies. I hope you know that its a mortal sin.... Neo-Catholicism. Find me a council or a saint BEFORE vatican II that said the Jews were not cursed. [right][snapback]949641[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I love you
homeschoolmom Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Apr 15 2006, 04:07 PM']since i[b] have to lie to my parents [/b]to be able come on this forum. ive decided not to frequent anymore. if anyone has a reason for me to stay, i would like to here it. if not bye! I will pray for you, please pray for me. ill be back when im 18. Sam [right][snapback]948417[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Luthien Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Apr 16 2006, 05:50 PM']yup thats me. im starving for attention! why don't you love me? [sarcasm] you should come up with something better than insulting me with lies. I hope you know that its a mortal sin.... Neo-Catholicism. Find me a council or a saint BEFORE vatican II that said the Jews were not cursed. [right][snapback]949641[/snapback][/right] [/quote] You're one of the most judgemental people I know of on PM. As for the original topic of the thread... When people clapped after the meditation, because it did rock awesomely. It was the Halleluia Chorus. Amazing. The bishop indirectly corrected everyone by having us thank the choir after the blessing.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 [quote name='Luthien' date='Apr 16 2006, 06:57 PM']You're one of the most judgemental people I know of on PM. As for the original topic of the thread... When people clapped after the meditation, because it did rock awesomely. It was the Halleluia Chorus. Amazing. The bishop indirectly corrected everyone by having us thank the choir after the blessing. [right][snapback]949649[/snapback][/right] [/quote] how is that bieng "Judgmental"?
Colleen Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 [quote name='jasJis' date='Apr 16 2006, 07:38 PM']Then why go to Mass? [right][snapback]949623[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I go to Mass because Jesus is there. I love the Mass. I was merely pointing out how sad it is that people seem unaware of the awesomeness of what is going on at Mass. It's sad that so many seem to be so ignorant of where they are -- in the presence of God. That was really what I was trying to get at in my post.
Luthien Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 Well saying someone is commiting a mortal sin when they clearly are just calling your bluff for one. Just go to the debate table if you're going to be spitting darts at everyone. I've just about had it with mean kids.
qfnol31 Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 [quote name='jasJis' date='Apr 16 2006, 06:38 PM']Then why go to Mass? [right][snapback]949623[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Because Mass, however much it may hurt, is still God's gift to me. Plus, if someone who doesn't love Jesus isn't there...who is?
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 [quote name='Luthien' date='Apr 16 2006, 07:03 PM']Well saying someone is commiting a mortal sin when they clearly are just calling your bluff for one. Just go to the debate table if you're going to be spitting darts at everyone. I've just about had it with mean kids. [right][snapback]949662[/snapback][/right] [/quote] My bluff. there is no bluff. im no liar. I think you are bieng judgmental. you really have no evidence that i am lying. im not spitting darts, im responding to remarks that reflect badly on my character. im sure you would do the same. im sorry if my antics upset you, sam
MilesChristi Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Apr 16 2006, 08:50 PM']yup thats me. im starving for attention! why don't you love me? [sarcasm] you should come up with something better than insulting me with lies. I hope you know that its a mortal sin.... Neo-Catholicism. Find me a council or a saint BEFORE vatican II that said the Jews were not cursed. [right][snapback]949641[/snapback][/right] [/quote] You are loved, brother. You sound a bit like an Eastern Orthodox friend of mine. "Find me something BEFORE the seventh ecumenical council that says the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son!" : I'll keep praying for you.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 [quote name='MilesChristi' date='Apr 16 2006, 07:10 PM']You are loved, brother. You sound a bit like an Eastern Orthodox friend of mine. "Find me something BEFORE the seventh ecumenical council that says the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son!" : I'll keep praying for you. [right][snapback]949672[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I love the Orthodox! thank you for the prayers.
ardillacid Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 [quote]since i have to lie to my parents to be able come on this forum. ive decided not to frequent anymore. if anyone has a reason for me to stay, i would like to here it. if not bye! I will pray for you, please pray for me. ill be back when im 18. Sam[/quote] you said this [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Apr 16 2006, 07:06 PM']My bluff. there is no bluff. [b]im no liar[/b]. I think you are bieng judgmental. you really have no evidence that i am lying. im not spitting darts, im responding to remarks that reflect badly on my character. im sure you would do the same. im sorry if my antics upset you, sam [right][snapback]949666[/snapback][/right] [/quote] you said this How do you reconcile these statements?
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted April 17, 2006 Posted April 17, 2006 [quote name='notardillacid' date='Apr 16 2006, 07:18 PM']you said this you said this How do you reconcile these statements? [right][snapback]949682[/snapback][/right] [/quote] it is a bit difficult. but, in the optimal situation i am not a liar. so i guess i really am a liar.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now