An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bush's face on 911: when he was told

Desert Walker

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Apr 18 2006, 10:22 AM']Do you read before posting?  What did Desert Walker say to inflame thy conservative ire?  Cripes. 

Muzzle this boy.
[right][snapback]952144[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]That's funny coming from a 21 year old kid just emerging from puberty who didn't read the entire thread. :P:

[quote name='Desert Walker' date='Apr 18 2006, 12:14 PM']I agree.  I'm also aware that I'm not correctly analyzing anything by my statements.  I'm speculating.  And I'm not trying to say Bush was responsible for the attack (in case ppl wonder)... <_<

(assuming of course your last post was aimed at me... :scratchhead: )
[right][snapback]952129[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It wasn't aimed at you... you didn't pose a postion, you stated something that was brought up in the news quite a bit by mindless liberals parroting the mental midgets of hollywood (no offence ment to any little people out there).

It was aimed at whoever thought that it had any significance as a reason to say Bush is bad or did wrong.

Desert Walker

The following is from Bush's 2006 State of the Union Address.

[quote]By allowing radical Islam to work its will -- by leaving an assaulted world to fend for itself -- we would signal to all that we no longer believe in our own ideals, or even in our own courage. But our enemies and our friends can be certain: [b]The United States will not retreat from the world,[/b] and we will never surrender to evil. (Applause.)

[b]America rejects the false comfort of isolationism.[/b] We are the nation that saved liberty in Europe, and liberated death camps, and helped raise up democracies, and faced down an evil empire. [b]Once again, we accept the call of history to deliver the oppressed and move this world toward peace.[/b] We remain on the offensive against terror networks. We have killed or captured many of their leaders -- and for the others, their day will come. [/quote]

That is a statement is nearly identical to the philosophy of the Project for the New American Century.

[quote]American foreign and defense policy is adrift. Conservatives have criticized the incoherent policies of the Clinton Administration. They have also resisted [b]isolationist impulses[/b] from within their own ranks. But conservatives have not confidently advanced a strategic vision of America's role in the world. They have not set forth guiding principles for American foreign policy. They have allowed differences over tactics to obscure potential agreement on strategic objectives. And they have not fought for a defense budget that would maintain American security and advance American interests in the new century.

We aim to change this. [b]We aim to make the case and rally support for American global leadership.[/b]

As the 20th century draws to a close, the United States stands as the world's preeminent power. Having led the West to victory in the Cold War, America faces an opportunity and a challenge: Does the United States have the vision to build upon the achievements of past decades? [b]Does the United States have the resolve to shape a new century favorable to American principles and interests?[/b][/quote]

Thoughts?

I just discovered that George Weigel [!] signed the document from which that second quote is taken. I'm excited about this! "Neo-conservatives" are formulating a vision based on traditional American ideals. The Bush Admin is putting those ideals into reality. I see now that America is indispensible in saving the human project from utter destruction.

Edited by Desert Walker

1337 k4th0l1x0r

I think the president's reaction was totally wrong. He should have immediately jumped out of his chair, taken to the nearest Air Force Base, and taken off in an F-18 so he could shoot down aircraft that were taken over by hijackers. Then, after the virus was uploaded into the alien mothership, he should have shot down the spaceships and sent out morse code messages to the terrorists telling them that they are so screwed.

toledo_jesus

[quote name='jasJis' post='952291' date='Apr 18 2006, 01:24 PM']
That's funny coming from a 21 year old kid just emerging from puberty who didn't read the entire thread. :P:
[/quote]
did read the thread.
Ironmonk's comment wasn't relevant, assumed it was a dig, knowing his usual behavior on the site. Can't fault me for that.

the puberty joke only works on kids under 20. I am not sufficiently chastised. Try calling me a "wet behind the ears college graduate who has to move back home with his parents." That would sting.

of course he was calm, he helped plan it.....

As a Catholic you should not want the US to have more power because as a nation it is not promoting Catholicism.

As far as spreading the ideas of the founders who were masons......?????

[quote name='Tarcisius' post='956595' date='Apr 21 2006, 05:35 PM']
of course he was calm, he helped plan it.....[/quote]
Fascinating! So you have privy information of this? Were you part of the conspiracy? :detective:

[quote]As a Catholic you should not want the US to have more power because as a nation it is not promoting Catholicism.[/quote]
So who would you prefer to be the main power in the world? The Chinese? Iran?

[quote] So who would you prefer to be the main power in the world? The Chinese? Iran?[/quote]

A nation whos leader was completly loyal to the teachings of the Church....

To wish for the US to get spread its power you are also wishing for them to spread there abortions, condoms, liberal attitude, materialist view, etc etc etc.

MC IMaGiNaZUN

Who wouldnt be shocked.

I was sleeping in on nine eleven, i remember.

My dad worked for the federal government at the time. And i was half asleep in bed, and he said they sent him home because planes crashed into the twin towers.

I didnt believe it.

I watched the news replay the footage for an hour before i accepted it.

SHALOM

blovedwolfofgod

hey desert walker. glad you came to that conclusion. thats one reason why when people try to give me these conspiracy theories, my friends are frequently evacuating me from the situation, cause i dont care how big the man in front of me is.

that being aside, yeah, conspiracy theories are just that. and im glad you were able to cut through the carp.

hope u dont get to the point where you think the devil being out to get u with all those demons is a crazy theory to and the big man in front of you is God.

why is it so hard to believe that people are being controlled by demons and they work together to commit evil?

[quote name='Tarcisius' post='957080' date='Apr 22 2006, 10:40 AM']
A nation whos leader was completly loyal to the teachings of the Church....[/quote]
Unfortunately, there are hardly any left. Even "Catholic" Spain has legalized "gay marriage," and Ireland is making moves to do the same.
The truth is there are a lot of powerful countries out there whose governments are far from Christian. A weaker U.S. would not make the world more Christian, but would give the "bad guys" more unchecked power.

[quote]To wish for the US to get spread its power you are also wishing for them to spread there abortions, condoms, liberal attitude, materialist view, etc etc etc.[/quote]
I tend to think the U.S. should cut back on it's "interventionalist" policies myself (that's really a whole other debate), but that statement is on-the-top-of-it absurd.
To spread wish to spread U.S. influence does not necessarily mean to wish to spread condoms, abortion, etc. We should work to elect leaders who oppose such things. (Bush cut federal funding of overseas abortion and "family-planning" programs.) Let us not equate America with the agenda of Planned Parenthood.
We should be working to make America (and consequently the world) better - if we simply irrationally equate America with abortion and liberalism and write it off, this will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
For all America's problems, it remains a force for good in the world.

Desert Walker

America is literally the only nation on Earth that has the potential to avert another human disaster. The pope knows and believes this. I read it somewhere... If only American citizens would wake up and kick their government's butt back to its Christian foundation!

Edited by Desert Walker