An Old School Catholic Message Board

New VOCATION DVD

srmarymichael

srmarymichael

Dear Phatmassers,

We received a Vocation DVD (or VCR tape) for Women Religious today in the mail. It was very well done and I recommend it for parishes, Faith Formation Classes, etc.

If you want a copy, it can be obtained from the Knights of Columbus Department of Fraternal Services at 203-752-4270 at $5.00 a copy. Bulk pricing is available.

Just thought you'd like to know! ^_^

I'd read about it in their Columbia magazine. I read there are about a dozen orders on the DVD, including the Srs of Life. . .but I can't remember any others.

So it was good? What was the gist? That it was basically about discernment, or to those particular orders or what?

srmarymichael

[quote name='magnificat' date='Apr 17 2006, 09:24 PM']Oooo sounds cool!  Is there a way to order online Sister?
[right][snapback]951594[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It just says to email them, but I'd rather not put their email on the web for spammers to get.

srmarymichael

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Apr 17 2006, 03:08 PM']I'd read about it in their Columbia magazine.  I read there are about a dozen orders on the DVD, including the Srs of Life. . .but I can't remember any others.
So it was good? What was the gist?  That it was basically about discernment, or to those particular orders or what?
[right][snapback]951081[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[b]The Communities I remember from the DVD are:[/b]
-The Sisters of Life (shows a Sister making vows throughout the DVD, shows her commitment, what she's promising, what she's giving up, and what she's [b]gaining[/b])
-The Nashville Dominicans
-The Missionaries of Charity (it begins with one taking care of a leper. It says something like, "Why would this young woman give everything away to do something like this?" (not a direct quote at all)
-The Apostles of the Sacred Heart
-The Religious Sisters of Mercy in Alma, MI
-Some Cloistered Carmelites (sma says that it is the oldest Carmelite Order in the country)

*They apparently have also done DVD's on marriage and the priesthood (and brotherhood?). They are probably all great for use in the parish and for presentations.

Sister what you should do is have a mailing list started for those who would like to see the DVD. You start by sending it out to someone who wants to see it, and then they send it to the next person and so forth. Just an idea!!! It sounds interesting!!!

[quote name='Laurentina1975' post='953899' date='Apr 19 2006, 10:44 AM']
The postage would be the same as the tape itself. :biglol:
[/quote]

OH JUST SHUSH IT!!!!
:spanking: :spanking: :spanking: :seesaw: :seesaw: :seesaw:

Edited by Sixtina87

You know what? I'm going to separate you two. . .I think you both just enjoy arguing. . .regardless of the topic or who is 'right'. :rolleyes: If you can't get along, there's the ignore feature, you know? It's incredibly charitable to USE IT.

[quote name='PCPA2Be' post='953926' date='Apr 19 2006, 11:21 AM']
You know what? I'm going to separate you two. . .I think you both just enjoy arguing. . .regardless of the topic or who is 'right'. :rolleyes: If you can't get along, there's the ignore feature, you know? It's incredibly charitable to USE IT.
[/quote]

thanks Denise!!! It reminds me of the thing my mom use to say, JUst Drop it and get on with your life!!!
:lol_roll: I'm hungry, I'm gunna go find some food cuz we are "dirt poor"!!!

Laurentina1975

[quote name='PCPA2Be' post='953926' date='Apr 19 2006, 11:21 AM']
[/quote]

Sometimes I feel like I am back in high school here. Thanks for pointing out the ignore feature, I forgot!

:) Call you later. How's Deb?

Tecinally is kindergraden...SHE STARTED IT FIRST!!!! :P: :P: :disguise: :disguise:
:disguise:

:saint:
:saint:
SO..................BACK ON TOPIC!!!

Edited by Sixtina87

I think they argue just to see how we will react. They're probably having a grand ole time yucking it up on the phone watching everybody tell them to stop their cat fighting.

(At least that's the glass is half full version of the story that I'm sticking to)

I normally don't comment about it because I really enjoy seeing them go at each other. :cool!: