An Old School Catholic Message Board

How long does it take for someone to pass out drunk?

missionseeker

With just beer? For anyone over the age of 14, that's exceptionally far-fetched. Even with hard liquor, to drink to the point of passing out requires a certain (lack of) strategy; drink too quickly and your stomach will just reject it before you even get a buzz.

I'm pretty sure it's not really possible unless you drank out of the KEG...or had maybe like a beer funnel going on, or something. I wouldn't really know...but it's not really likely, honestly.

I'll end the speculation. I've seen it more than once. There are factors to consider, the person's metabolism, what they've eaten recently, state of mind, etc. I've seen people drink enough to go to the hospital in less than 30 minutes.

It was a 3 week trial. It's disenguous to believe any of us can make a judgement based on the little bit that missionseeker provided.

Church Punk

My brother has done it in less than 1 hr before, he drank 14 beers in 35 mins. Then came home and passed out puking in the toilet all with in an hour.

1337 k4th0l1x0r

I've seen people get drunk in 13 minutes, but never to the point of passing out. Passing out from drinking is kind of like passing out from running. You can sprint a mile and it will just make you really tired and sick, but if you run a marathon at a modest pace, you very well could pass out around mile 20. Passing out from drinking will take about an hour at the minimum but usually requires several more. I'm not talking where you just fall asleep from it. I'm talking falling asleep and they can't wake you up for several hours.

[quote name='Jazz4jesus' post='954573' date='Apr 19 2006, 09:05 PM']
a jury convicted him with that evidence, what is going on in this nation
[/quote]
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=51043"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=51043[/url]

sidemunch88

[quote name='missionseeker' post='954562' date='Apr 19 2006, 08:58 PM']
o.k. do you think someone could

1) get in a van drive two miles
2) shoot off a gun
3) drive away, turn around
4) come back
5) shoot some more
6) reload the gun
7) shoot again
8)drive 80 yards or so
9) either toss a shotgun 86 fet OR get out and run to dispose of it
10) drive another two miles
11) get home, go to the attic put away the gun/s
12) get so drunk that he would pass out naked

in 13 minutes?
[/quote]
well it could hgappen :pinch: :smokey:

missionseeker

I meant to ask, based on this, minus the first one, would you say there is a reasonable doubt?

Because the guy called as soon as he shot. And said that he did it. I took the cops 13 mins. to arrest the the guy. When they found him he was passed out drunk.

Everyone on the defense team is still trying to figure out why the state took 2 weeks.