An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Top Five Bands

littleflower+JMJ

BlueRose, I love Matchbox! I've been a fan since they first came out when I was 15 (gosh that's 7 years ago). I've been to their concert 5 times and they continue to amaze me. If you only listened to them this summer, I suggest getting their older albums...the first one absolutely ROCKED!

Well I've been a fan since their first album, and I have all three. :) I got each one as it came out. But earlier this year when "Unwell" came out and struck me as an amazing song that I could really relate to, I realized that when I rushed out to buy my 3rd matchbox cd that I was like, "Wow. I didn't realize how much I liked these guys. And they write their own music?? Dude!" ;)

ToV-- you're obviously a music person. Mind if I ask you a bit of advice? My music tastes are shifting and I'm really liking things like Matchbox 20 (obviously), Sister Hazel, Evanescence, some of the Red Hot Chili Peppers... stuff like that. Do you have any other suggestions of bands I might go for? I don't much like stuff like Good Charlotte and those Punk bands much... so what exactly is there in "my" category? Thanks :):)

TempleofVesarius

BR

eve 6....deff check out new eve 6 stuff

hmmmmm

check out dispatch too i think you would like them

Hmm - I'll look into that. Now did Eve 6 just come out with a new CD? I seem to recall you saying soemthing about that. What's the title of it?

IcePrincessKRS

its called "it'a all in your head"

This is their 3rd album right? (I think this new one is the only one of theirs I don't have, unless I missed something...)

1) The Beatles ("Michelle" is the best song ever written... lol_grin.gif...but then, I'm biased...  :unsure: )

OH MY....ANOTHER BEATLES FAN?? AND SOMEONE MY AGE??

Michelle, you definitely read my mind!!! The Beatles are my favorite.

"I wanna hold your handdddddddd"

Justine

Hey BlueRose and fellow Matchbox fans...

Just wanted to let you know there's a hidden track at the end of their last cd if you let the last song continue to play. I'm sure you know, but had to say it, just in case you didn't.

MORight2Life

OH MY....ANOTHER BEATLES FAN?? AND SOMEONE MY AGE??

Michelle, you definitely read my mind!!! The Beatles are my favorite.

"I wanna hold your handdddddddd"

Justine

*laughing* Beatles Fans Unite! Whoo-HAW! lol_grin.gif

beatles-sullivan.jpg

I should have been born in the early 50's, so then I could have been a teenager in the 60's....Anyone got a time machine? <_<

I am so forgetful! I can't believe this! *laughing* I forgot FFH, Crispin, KC and the Sunshine Band, and the BeeGees. B) (I like some Disco music...what can I say? B) )

And that was WAY more than 5 (added onto my previous 2 posts in this thread)...I'll just be quiet now... ;)

Be God's!

-Michelle

Hey BlueRose and fellow Matchbox fans...

Just wanted to let you know there's a hidden track at the end of their last cd if you let the last song continue to play.  I'm sure you know, but had to say it, just in case you didn't.

Yes I know, that song rocks! If I could sing, I'd love to perform that song. It seems like a ton of fun. And I can't believe one of the guys calls it "lame" afterwards - I SO disagree. ;)

Hey, ToV! Just wanted to let ya know that I ended up getting that Eve 6 CD you suggested I buy (only $10 at Wal-Mart, man!) and so far I'm really liking it. lol_grin.gif Great suggestion! Thanks much.

TempleofVesarius

BR

hahahhaha

I dont normally buy cd's because i believe they are outragously over priced....the only reason i bought mine was IT WAS $10 AT WALMART!!!!

lol

IcePrincessKRS

I jumped on the bandwagon and bought the new Eve6 too. I figured I love them so much as it is, I have their other CDs, I needed this one. lol_grin.gif I turned it on today while Matthew was gone and when he came back he asked me "Are you sure Baby likes this music?" I replied, "Yes, I'm positive, Baby loves it. Besides that, its Eve6, whats not to like?" He didn't have a comeback for that one. I played it while painting my living room. Very good music to work to. :)

Anyhow, at long last, here is my (partial?) list:

Eve6 (now there's a no brainer lol)

Stroke 9

Aerosmith (both new and old stuff)

Enya

The Refreshments

Tarkan (funky Turkish music lol_grin.gif )

Alien Ant Farm

Tori Amos

Lit

Nirvana

Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies

Bjork

Harry Connick, Jr.

Tracy Bonham

Guster

Jimmy Eat World

Save Ferris

Evanessence