An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are you a registered at the Fisheaters

Resurrexi

Fisheaters Forum  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='963470' date='Apr 27 2006, 06:55 PM']
Is that post directed to moi, M. Filo?
[/quote]
I think it's directed to goldenchild.

goldenchild17

[quote name='toledo_jesus' post='963258' date='Apr 27 2006, 03:49 PM']
whoa, when did you jump ship??
[/quote]
I would refer to more so as climbing into the ship after being around tossed in the ocean ;).

MichaelFilo

It's for anyone who claims to be a Traditionalist and rejects the authority of the Pope. Goldenchild specifically... but alas since Catholic vs Catholic debate is not allowed on here, we must talk, but what means are convinient for you?

God bless,
Mikey

goldenchild17

[quote name='MichaelFilo' post='963400' date='Apr 27 2006, 05:59 PM']
How dare you seperate yourself from the Pope? The Schismatics will know no peace, and death is their eternity. Unam Sanctam is a most blessed paragraph worth of reading that maybe you ought to get aquinted with, because if you don't do so soon, you may realize just how damned your actions are.

I fear for anyone who leaves the Church. Be careful where you tred, Satan's kingdom assults the Church from all around, do not leave her safety.

God bless,
Mikey
[/quote]

I am fully united to the OFFICE of the Papacy which will never be abolished, simply not the men leading right now. I am fully acquainted with Unam Sanctam. If I believed I was leaving the Church I never would have considered it. I believe I am just now finding the Church for the first time and as scary a proposition as that may be, I can't ignore it. I respect everybody else here for sticking to the Church I spent the first 19 years of my life in. But I just can't accept it anymore.

popestpiusx

I was not aware that they had a forum. I do like the site though. Unfortunately I have very little time to post on any forum. So I guess my answer is no, but I would if I had time.

goldenchild17

[quote name='MichaelFilo' post='963484' date='Apr 27 2006, 07:20 PM']
It's for anyone who claims to be a Traditionalist and rejects the authority of the Pope. Goldenchild specifically... but alas since Catholic vs Catholic debate is not allowed on here, we must talk, but what means are convinient for you?

God bless,
Mikey
[/quote]

Either email or my message board through my website. Whichever works best for you. I have a discussion going to finalize my position and make sure one more time that I am not missing anything obvious. www.fidesetvirtus.com It's in the forum, in Debates.

MichaelFilo

I must hear more, because, as it has dawned on me, you may very well make a mistake in your life that knows no resolve. So, again I ask, what medium suits you best, since dUst has closed this one, or at least, has taken up a stronger hand on the matter of Catholic vs Catholic debate.

God bless,
Mikey

popestpiusx

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='963485' date='Apr 27 2006, 09:20 PM']
I am fully united to the OFFICE of the Papacy which will never be abolished, simply not the men leading right now. I am fully acquainted with Unam Sanctam. If I believed I was leaving the Church I never would have considered it. I believe I am just now finding the Church for the first time and as scary a proposition as that may be, I can't ignore it. I respect everybody else here for sticking to the Church I spent the first 19 years of my life in. But I just can't accept it anymore.
[/quote]
Where, if anywhere, do you attend Mass?

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='963483' date='Apr 27 2006, 07:17 PM']
I would refer to more so as climbing into the ship after being around tossed in the ocean ;).
[/quote]
And who is at the helm of this "ship" you say you've climbed into?

If you're not in the Barq of St. Peter, you're floundering around lost in the ocean, my friend.

goldenchild17

[quote name='MichaelFilo' post='963491' date='Apr 27 2006, 07:25 PM']
I must hear more, because, as it has dawned on me, you may very well make a mistake in your life that knows no resolve. So, again I ask, what medium suits you best, since dUst has closed this one, or at least, has taken up a stronger hand on the matter of Catholic vs Catholic debate.

God bless,
Mikey
[/quote]

read post 22. Pick one of the methods and I will gladly discuss. I am fully aware of the ramifications if I am wrong in my decisions. However I am also fully aware of the ramifications if I don't follow the truth, wherever that might lead me.

Brother Adam

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='963485' date='Apr 27 2006, 11:20 PM']
[/quote]

I'm not united to the Pope but I'm united to his office?

What?

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='963511' date='Apr 27 2006, 08:40 PM']
I'm not united to the Pope but I'm united to his office?

What?
[/quote]

He is not an Old Catholic in that he does not explicitly deny Vatican I (not II for the record), but he thinks that the chair of St. Peter is currently empty due to heresy.

In my honest opinion, it's the likely conclusion of anyone who follows SSPX's claims about their position and the Pope. However, it does pose a few problems about reading the infallible definition of Vatican I.

I just started a debate about it a few minutes ago (not on here) because I'm procrastinating.