An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bible Code

Paladin D

Circle_Master

I think it's balony and part of the 'Jewish myths' the bible says to stay away from. If you get long enough text you can find magical links for almost anything. It's called coincidence :P

My dad is the first one to introduce me to this so-called "Bible Code" and I think it's bunk for the following reason: WHY would God speak in Code in His written Word only to be figured out 2000 years later? Nah! Doesn't make any sense based on that alone! - Muschi

NewReformation

Total and complete fraud. You can likely do this with any book that is long enough. All you have to do is run the computer program to check for words or names that are found by pulling out(just for example) every seventh letter in a paragraph or chapter. You do this enough times, and you're bound to find out that the name Hitler is contained in the Bible. Some people are complete idiots.

It's been completely discredited hasn't it? They did some tests with a number of scientists and mathematicians who had no knowledge about the fact that it was connected to the Bible code, and they found that the original formula was statistically flawed.

Circle_Master

well no, you can find patterns and things somewhere. but chance itself says this will happen with any work. If you took Hamlet I can guarantee you can use some pattern somewhere that can find "hyper can not dance".